This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers Topic - Ready? Dodgeball! Edition

User Info: DoubleTangicide

DoubleTangicide
3 months ago#1
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
"Guys, I'm about to blow your minds. Hope this one's a dud"

User Info: Spellz2113

Spellz2113
3 months ago#2
No peter, thank you. πŸ‘

Edit: nice topic title lol
I'm only echoes of the man that I'm supposed to be
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
3 months ago#3
Zvarri!
To err is human
To arr is pirate

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
3 months ago#4
Bloodychess posted...
Zvarri!
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: BeLieVEdaHyPE

BeLieVEdaHyPE
3 months ago#5
Who y’all drafting from these two college teams in the championship?

User Info: Rage of Thor

Rage of Thor
3 months ago#6
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge Edition
Are you the best that you can be?
No. I'm the best that anyone can be.

User Info: DoubleTangicide

DoubleTangicide
3 months ago#7
Spellz2113 posted...
No peter, thank you. πŸ‘

Edit: nice topic title lol

Appreciate it! Haha
"Guys, I'm about to blow your minds. Hope this one's a dud"

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 months ago#8
df_drummer posted...
That makes sense, Rapaport tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1082415026189844480

Do you have a source for Monken not wanting to keep Pettine? Not that I doubt you

Nothing official as far as sources, no. I have some friends with very, uh, unreliable sources at best that pass things on to me that they've heard from multiple of these sources. Basically, these guys take any and all leads and report on them without checking in on it first. If many of them mention it to my friends and they think I'd be interested to know, they let me know. Typically anything interesting relating to the Packers, but there's some NDAs and whatnot that almost always keeps anything actually noteworthy from getting to me. I find out things that won't get anyone in trouble but are interesting to me as a Packers fan.

From what I understand, it's not that Monken didn't want Pettine. He actually had a broader list of candidates for coaching positions and would have been open to retaining members of the previous staff after talking to them. It's certainly possible he could've kept Pettine and more, but the fact that LaFleur specifically named Pettine was a nod in his favor. Essentially, Monken didn't say or do anything wrong, LaFleur just did more things right.

If the Packers were keeping a tally, it would be something like this:

LaFleur: 3 good things, no bad things
Monken: 2 good things, no bad things
McDaniels: 2 good things, 1 bad thing
etc., etc.

the numbers are obviously arbitrary and I have no idea what the actual criteria used was, but this is my understanding of how the decision was made.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: xMythic

xMythic
3 months ago#9
I like the hire. He did some great things in ATL and LA. I think he can be forgiven for not knowing what the hell to do with that Tennessee team. I'm sure there was a lot of pressure to make Mariota work, maybe that's why he took so long to see the obvious solution in making Henry the answer on offense. Idk, there just my thoughts on this.
GT: xMythic
Go Gators!

User Info: df_drummer

df_drummer
3 months ago#10
dkgerbil2 posted...
Nothing official as far as sources, no. I have some friends with very, uh, unreliable sources at best that pass things on to me that they've heard from multiple of these sources. Basically, these guys take any and all leads and report on them without checking in on it first. If many of them mention it to my friends and they think I'd be interested to know, they let me know. Typically anything interesting relating to the Packers, but there's some NDAs and whatnot that almost always keeps anything actually noteworthy from getting to me. I find out things that won't get anyone in trouble but are interesting to me as a Packers fan.

From what I understand, it's not that Monken didn't want Pettine. He actually had a broader list of candidates for coaching positions and would have been open to retaining members of the previous staff after talking to them. It's certainly possible he could've kept Pettine and more, but the fact that LaFleur specifically named Pettine was a nod in his favor. Essentially, Monken didn't say or do anything wrong, LaFleur just did more things right.

If the Packers were keeping a tally, it would be something like this:

LaFleur: 3 good things, no bad things
Monken: 2 good things, no bad things
McDaniels: 2 good things, 1 bad thing
etc., etc.

the numbers are obviously arbitrary and I have no idea what the actual criteria used was, but this is my understanding of how the decision was made.

I saw a few reports on Twitter that basically confirm what your friends are saying.

I'm happy to keep Pettine as long as Zook and the strength and conditioning coaches get canned.
It's a simple question doctor. Would you eat the moon if it was made out of ribs?
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers Topic - Ready? Dodgeball! Edition
  • Topic Closed