This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. *** Official NY Giants topic XXIV: Dancing to the offseason ***

User Info: Link165

Link165
1 month ago#1
Topic title inspiration: Jawill Davis lands on IR for the final game after dislocating something in/around his knee while in a dance contest in the locker room.
Link165 basically just won.-Neosporin_v2
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#2
lmfao

The fact that we're starting Eli tomorrow is a sign of two things:

1. The team is seriously convinced that they're going to contend with him next year
2. The team is seriously convinced that Kyle Lauletta, like Ereck Flowers, has no talent

So we've wasted a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick in consecutive seasons on QBs that were so bad they never even got a chance to see the field. Not a good look.
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

User Info: CashMurray

CashMurray
1 month ago#3
Gotta be honest, I have no issues burning picks after the 2nd round on QBs
NA29
Getting Cash in a Hurry

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#4
I do when they're picked and dumped within the same off-season

I mean, if it's really so obvious that they're not NFL material that you can tell within 3 weeks of practice, shouldn't the team do a better job of scouting them?

It also bothers me that the organization insults the fans' intelligence by having the players read a prepared script about how great Davis Webb is only to then dump him in the off-season before he's ever played a snap in the NFL. Like, it's very clear then that the organization thought and knew he was garbage the whole time and just hyped him up to try to save face. Say what you want about McAdoodoo but at least he had an idea in his mind to play Webb and verify whether or not he was good.

If Webb was so bad that you couldn't afford to have him sit on the bench and you draft Kyle Lauletta, doesn't that *have* to mean that you saw something in Lauletta that you didn't see in Webb? But then if you dump Lauletta the same season (which the Giants are likely going to do), then, what did hell did you see in him, and who the hell made that evaluation, and why is that scout still with the team?
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?
(edited 1 month ago)

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#5
Oh, also, by the way...y'all want to know why we should seriously be scared of Gettleman's talent evaluation?

This is what he said after he picked Barkley at #2 - it has nothing to do with Barkley however:

You know what I say about [the positional value argument.] It is a crock. At the end of the day, a great plaer is a great player. [Barkley] is a touchdown maker. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on the ball. I think a lot of that stuff is nonsense. I think it is someone who had decided to get into the analytics of it and went through whatever. Jonathan Stewart is in his tenth year and he has not lost anything. I don’t believe in that. I don’t care who you take, they can all get hurt.

And...how did that bolded part turn out?

Link165
1 month ago#6
SSj4Wingzero posted...
lmfao

The fact that we're starting Eli tomorrow is a sign of two things:

1. The team is seriously convinced that they're going to contend with him next year
2. The team is seriously convinced that Kyle Lauletta, like Ereck Flowers, has no talent

So we've wasted a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick in consecutive seasons on QBs that were so bad they never even got a chance to see the field. Not a good look.

Or alternatively 3. Eli gives the coach who hasn't won a lot of games the best chance to win a game.

We're not learning anything about Eli Manning or Kyle Lauletta on one game tomorrow.
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#7
Not on one game, but given how the season has played out, it's pretty clear.

Shurmur had less than flattering things to say about Lauletta and he reiterated that Eli has "years" left.

It'd be *so easy* to guarantee ourselves a good draft position by playing Lauletta and just tanking but no apparently we need to get that 6th win to move down to 9th or 10th in the draft, which is where we were when we picked Ereck f***ing Flowers and Eli f***ing Apple

Thankfully the Cowboys are playing their starters. Although they won't play their starters the entire game, hopefully they play them long enough to hang 20 on us so we give up and go 5-11.

User Info: kbusch22

kbusch22
1 month ago#8
I always say this but I have never and will never root for the Giants to lose. The day I watch the team and root for them to lose for better draft position is the day I stop watching football.

That said, I do realize the draft position can be impacted, so it’s not like I’m gonna be mad at a loss in a game against a team playing for no stakes.

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#9
The only time I'll root for them to lose is when they're either out of playoff contention or so obviously flawed as a team that there's no chance of them going anywhere

So this season basically

But every season is a new season. Even this past off-season I knew they would suck but I still had some outside hope that they'd find a way to put together something half-decent. I didn't really start jumping on board the tankwagon until they went like 1-5

I'm rooting for the Knicks to lose too. It can't be helped. Baseball is the only sport where you really root for them to win because draft position isn't *that* important

Link165
1 month ago#10
We also picked Odell 12th so I'm pretty heavily leaning towards the f*** the draft position thing. Hell Hakeem Nicks was 29th.

I think the only time it's really important is when you're picking top 5 and going for a generational, Andrew Luck-type talent at QB where one meaningless win is the difference between him and RGIII.

The only time I ever rooted for the team to lose was the Raider game last year. I'd be indifferent if this was the Vikings or something tomorrow, but it's a division rival, and I don't want to see this team go 1-5 in the division 2 years in a row.
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. *** Official NY Giants topic XXIV: Dancing to the offseason ***
  • Topic Closed