This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. ** Official Vikings 2018-19 Season Topic: Going All In And All Out **

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
1 month ago#301
Orange Clockwork posted...
LordPoncho posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Welp, the division looks to be the Bears as they somehow are going to beat the Rams in a rather s***ty showing for both teams. Hope they have fun being a one and done because that Bears team is not capable of being 9-4 without a ton of luck.

Luck? Not in the least bit accurate. That team is literally 4 plays away from a perfect record.

Ignoring the Bears getting dismantled by the Packers in the second half of week one. The weak play against the Vikings who beat themselves. A weak game against the Rams. Yeah, totally just four plays away.

There's being a fan and then there's utter delusion. You're the latter.

No, seriously, literally 4 plays is the difference. Fuller's missed interception against the Packers, a missed FG in Miami in OT, 1 yard short of tying the Patriots, and OT again in NY.

You're just bitter as hell because you think you deserve the NFC North.

I'm not bitter at all but you're definitely delusional if you think four plays is the difference for the Bears. Go back to your own team topic.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
1 month ago#302
LordPoncho posted...
LordPoncho posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Welp, the division looks to be the Bears as they somehow are going to beat the Rams in a rather s***ty showing for both teams. Hope they have fun being a one and done because that Bears team is not capable of being 9-4 without a ton of luck.

Luck? Not in the least bit accurate. That team is literally 4 plays away from a perfect record.

Ignoring the Bears getting dismantled by the Packers in the second half of week one. The weak play against the Vikings who beat themselves. A weak game against the Rams. Yeah, totally just four plays away.

There's being a fan and then there's utter delusion. You're the latter.

No, seriously, literally 4 plays is the difference. Fuller's missed interception against the Packers, a missed FG in Miami in OT, 1 yard short of tying the Patriots, and OT again in NY.

You're just bitter as hell because you think you deserve the NFC North.

I'm not bitter at all but you're definitely delusional if you think four plays is the difference for the Bears. Go back to your own team topic.

I mean, it's a fact 4 plays is the difference between having a perfect record because you can literally point to 4 specific plays. Well, really more like 4-5 plays. In either case, 4 games lost by a total of like 14 total points demonstrates they aren't just some fluky, lucky team. I never said it's the difference for the entire season so far, so what are you talking about?
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: Genesis Dragon

Genesis Dragon
1 month ago#303
The Bears are not fluky. If anything, they've been playing with the confidence and energy that I wish the Vikings had been playing with all year. They're not 9-4 by accident, any more than we're 6-6-1 by accident. (To be sure, the Vikings have had a few losses that would be wins if not for one or two plays, too.)

Still, I'm glad to see that quick action was taken on DeFilippo. We'll see what change that brings in the last three weeks.
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith

User Info: OMGWTFPIE

OMGWTFPIE
1 month ago#304
I'm cautiously optimistic about Stefanski, but it still bothers me that we JUST HAD a QB coach as OC and that crashed and burned.
Maybe it's time you looked at yourself and stop blaming life on someone else. ~Blink 182
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20090602.gif

LordPoncho
1 month ago#305
OMGWTFPIE posted...
I'm cautiously optimistic about Stefanski, but it still bothers me that we JUST HAD a QB coach as OC and that crashed and burned.

An outsider, yes. With an entirely different philosophy than Stefanski, yes. There's a reason Shurmur wanted to take Stefanski with him.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: Genesis Dragon

Genesis Dragon
1 month ago#306
The energy might be favorable for us this weekend. Dolphins are coming off of a huge emotional win, we know firsthand that that can make one sluggish next time out. Energy may be higher for the Vikings with a new OC and something to prove. That might help, though we still need to play right to take advantage of it.
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith

LordPoncho
1 month ago#307
Genesis Dragon posted...
The energy might be favorable for us this weekend. Dolphins are coming off of a huge emotional win, we know firsthand that that can make one sluggish next time out. Energy may be higher for the Vikings with a new OC and something to prove. That might help, though we still need to play right to take advantage of it.

Yeah, for the first time since roughly week 8, I'm looking forward to the game. Sadly, I won't be able to watch it this weekend. :(

LordPoncho
1 month ago#308
Already seeing immediate returns on Stefanski calling the shots. Wow. I realize Dolphins defense is bad, but this is the kind of game we need going into the playoffs.

User Info: Gamer_Z_2

Gamer_Z_2
1 month ago#309
LordPoncho posted...
Already seeing immediate returns on Stefanski calling the shots. Wow. I realize Dolphins defense is bad, but this is the kind of game we need going into the playoffs.

Agreed

Obviously the Dolphins D is turrible, but it's the play-calls THEMSELVES that are so much better; continuing to run the ball when it's working, short drops and bootlegs and PA for the passes
<(-.-)> ^(-.-)> ^(-.-)^ >(-.-)> It's dancing Kirby!
St. Cloud State Huskies: 13-1-2 (6-0-2-1) New Husky Order

User Info: Gamer_Z_2

Gamer_Z_2
1 month ago#310
Got rough for awhile, but the Vikes got back in gear and put it away

Night and day on Offense from the DeFillipo era

The D was OUTSTANDING; aside from the 75 Yard Rushing TD to open the third I never felt that Miami was in control at any point, the D had them totally in check

Crazy to see us get NINE Sacks!
<(-.-)> ^(-.-)> ^(-.-)^ >(-.-)> It's dancing Kirby!
St. Cloud State Huskies: 13-1-2 (6-0-2-1) New Husky Order
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. ** Official Vikings 2018-19 Season Topic: Going All In And All Out **
  • Topic Archived