This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Baltimore Ravens fans. You know best!!! Does Flacco satisfy you at QB?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Baltimore Ravens fans. You know best!!! Does Flacco satisfy you at QB?

User Info: Sir_gmon

Sir_gmon
7 months ago#11
At this point in his career we know what he is pretty clearly. He is an average QB that has the ability to play above average at times but plays below average at times to average it out. He is Money in the Post-season tho so as it stands yes he satisfies me at QB.

He needs a pretty clean pocket. He needs a good running game. He needs the correct OC to play to his strengths which I'd say he has had half his career at best. All these things and he can do his job and dagnabit if he doesnt throw a beautiful Arm Cannon deep ball every once in a while.

His contract is really not that bad. No more so than you will get for any other QB that has the potential to win a ring. And honestly who else could we spend the money on that we saved by having a cheaper QB? The Browns have a lot of money. The Bengals usually have a lot of money. How does that help them lol. Anyone we think could help out enough in FA we still find a way to sign them.
*Smitty for President 2020*
We'll miss you 89

User Info: TheGoldenElite

TheGoldenElite
7 months ago#12
The interesting thing about Joe is that despite the fact that the offense has barebones talent he has put the team in position to make the playoffs the past two years.

Seriously take a look at the number of offensive free agents/draft picks compared to our defense. It's not even close and yet he helped give us the lead in the Cinci game this year and the Steeler game last year. Only for the highly paid defense to collapse both times.

Joe is never going to be an all time great, but he is clearly good enough for us to win with. When Mike Wallace is your best WR in 2017 you know you have nothing to work with.
Seriously Mike Wallace and Ben Watson.

If anything needs to be changed it's our defensive players.
Lets go RAVENS
3DS FC: 3866 8308 7651

User Info: JohnTortorella

JohnTortorella
7 months ago#13
Joe Fluke-o?

dudes f***ing garbage. He got on a lucky streak like Eli and went all the way. Best case scenerio, hes a fringe top 20 qb.

User Info: Xeon_Is_Back

Xeon_Is_Back
7 months ago#14
Flacco still has plenty of football left in him. Is he worth the massive contract? No. Is he so bad that he should get booted from the team? Also no.

He's an above average QB when he has receivers capable of catching passes. When he doesn't have that it's really tough sledding. This past season there were three different occasions where he threw great passes that bounced off the receiver's hands into the hands of a DB.

I would be mighty pissed if the FO used high draft picks on a QB when the rest of the offense is so lacking in talent. Expect the Ravens 2018 draft to be heavily focused on the offense.
Baltimore Ravens 9-6 Next: vs. Cincinnati
https://i.imgur.com/Hs8ocEbg.jpg

User Info: Xeon_Is_Back

Xeon_Is_Back
7 months ago#15
theawesomestevr posted...
Umm, what?

2013, 2015 and 2016 were bad. This past season the run game only picked up after Collins became a starter in like week 5 or 6.
Baltimore Ravens 9-6 Next: vs. Cincinnati
https://i.imgur.com/Hs8ocEbg.jpg

User Info: jasten

jasten
7 months ago#16
Xeon_Is_Back posted...
theawesomestevr posted...
Umm, what?

2013, 2015 and 2016 were bad. This past season the run game only picked up after Collins became a starter in like week 5 or 6.

Part of the issue is they need an O-line badly. They have been terrible. Add a reciever that can catch a perfectly thrown ball and the Ravens might have a quick turn around.
Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Fallout 4 are the best games of this generation. Yes. I mean it.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Baltimore Ravens fans. You know best!!! Does Flacco satisfy you at QB?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived