This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes the Pats boring?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What makes the Pats boring?

User Info: The Admiral

The Admiral
5 months ago#21
Brady is easily the most boring high profile player in the NFL, and Belichick is intentionally an a******. Neither of those help that Pats reputation.
- The Admiral

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
5 months ago#22
pats are the spurs of the nfl. they win but boring play.

i dunno.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: SuperMilk8868

SuperMilk8868
5 months ago#23
ztoa789 posted...
SuperMilk8868 posted...
It doesn't help that the offense is mind numbingly safe. Once again, it wins games and if every team could pull it off they would, but it's all check downs and dump offs, rubs and crossing routes. Brady hits Gronk deep every now and again, but for the most part the offense is just so f***ing boring. Speaking of Gronk he was easily the best part of the whole team but I can't even root for him now as he's basically Burfict with less offenses in my eyes.

A team that never has any ups or downs+ a zero risk hyper-safe offense = boring. Honestly if Brady was airing it out and passing for 300 yards in the air every game I would watch them even if they went 15-1 every year.

That is very ignorant comment.

Short passings are far more dangerous against tough defense than you can imagine, you can see that most INT in playoff were from short passing, because defenders look at QB in the eyes.

Deep passings are actually quite safe unless QB forces the balls into double coverage, because #1, few defenders, #2, CB can't see QB and can't tell where the balls are. #3, QB can throw the balls to the safe side (the side that has no defenders) of WR, like overthowing a bit and let his WR run to the balls.

Your assessment is laughably wrong.

Edit for autocorrect
Your three time NFLB Rams Fan of the Year.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2349

User Info: SuperMilk8868

SuperMilk8868
5 months ago#24
ozzyman314 posted...
SuperMilk8868 posted...
Speaking of Gronk he was easily the best part of the whole team but I can't even root for him now as he's basically Burfict with less offenses in my eyes.

The hyperbole is real.

He launched himself at the back of a guys neck well after a play while the guy was laying out of bounds. You can't show me a Burfict play worse than that, it's not possible. That was easily the dirtiest thing I've ever seen on a football field. People challenged me on this before, but nobody could show me a single play that contains all of the elements that make Gronk's dirty hit as egregious as it was.

Hands down dirtiest hit I've seen in 20 years of watching football, and I saw the entire Saints SB run.

I'll be reasonable if anyone thinks they can show me something that is objectively worse.
Your three time NFLB Rams Fan of the Year.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2349

User Info: End2011

End2011
5 months ago#25
SuperMilk8868 posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
SuperMilk8868 posted...
Speaking of Gronk he was easily the best part of the whole team but I can't even root for him now as he's basically Burfict with less offenses in my eyes.

The hyperbole is real.

He launched himself at the back of a guys neck well after a play while the guy was laying out of bounds. You can't show me a Burfict play worse than that, it's not possible. That was easily the dirtiest thing I've ever seen on a football field. People challenged me on this before, but nobody could show me a single play that contains all of the elements that make Gronk's dirty hit as egregious as it was.

Hands down dirtiest hit I've seen in 20 years of watching football, and I saw the entire Saints SB run.

I'll be reasonable if anyone thinks they can show me something that is objectively worse.

Get
Over
It
GreedoShootsFirst 5 months ago#26
Seeing your team getting torn apart with efficiency, despite their entire seasons reputation being that they’re a [insert strategic identity here] team isn’t boring, your team is just a fraud. That you shut the game off to avoid seeing any further humiliation doesn’t mean it was boring, you’re just a sore loser.

People in another topic call them the worst Super Bowl team, give me a break.

Just deal with it. If you find the Patriots boring, there are 31 other teams in the league that lose to them in 31 different ways most of the time. Seriously. The Patriots spotted the NFL 10 years to get its s*** together and crank out a new team to carry the torch, and the best they could think of was a team that passes instead of running it at the 1 yard line. I’d go for a double dynasty, too.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: Xeon_Is_Back

Xeon_Is_Back
5 months ago#27
Personally there's rarely a sense of excitement or thrill when it comes to watching the Pats play. It never feels like the Pats are just that good, but that other team is choking. While I know that's not logical, that's what it always feels like.

"Brady just surgically picked apart that defense for an 80 yard drive? Well of course he did, he's Tom Brady and the defense suddenly forgot how to cover dudes."

On the rare occasions that it seems like a team is able to go toe to toe with the Patriots, the refereeing seems questionable at best. Most recently the game against the Steelers comes to mind.
Baltimore Ravens 9-6 Next: vs. Cincinnati
https://i.imgur.com/Hs8ocEbg.jpg

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
5 months ago#28
SuperMilk8868 posted...
I wont even lie, part of it is that they win all the time. It's their job, and I don't hold it against them, but it's boring seeing the same team win so much. NFL parity is great for the most part, so you have a lot of teams rise and fall. The Patriots just stay right were they are at and never budge. To me they are boring for the same reason the Browns are boring. They get a little exciting from time to time when they are on the verge of an unusual outcome, but 12-14 games out of the year it's the same old same old.

It doesn't help that the offense is mind numbingly safe. Once again, it wins games and if every team could pull it off they would, but it's all check downs and dump offs, rubs and crossing routes. Brady hits Gronk deep every now and again, but for the most part the offense is just so f***ing boring. Speaking of Gronk he was easily the best part of the whole team but I can't even root for him now as he's basically Burfict with less offenses in my eyes.

A team that never has any ups or downs+ a zero risk hyper-safe offense = boring. Honestly if Brady was airing it out and passing for 300 yards in the air every game I would watch them even if they went 15-1 every year.

So, they are the Devils of the 90's-00's.
Safe, boring, win a lot and have some incredibly dirty players to boot.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: spiralofnine

spiralofnine
5 months ago#29
They win all of the time.

There doesn't need to be another reason
meaningless code

User Info: ozzyman314

ozzyman314
5 months ago#30
SuperMilk8868 posted...
ozzyman314 posted...
SuperMilk8868 posted...

The hyperbole is real.

Burfict has been fined & suspended for multiple clearly dirty hits throughout his career, Gronk does 1 dirty, stupid hit and all of a sudden he's worse?
Get the f*** out with that horse s***.
"The left doesn't take anything seriously except bashing the right"
Loading Signature..........
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What makes the Pats boring?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived