This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. With the regular season ending soon, how did your drafts/rookies do?

User Info: tearsofrage

tearsofrage
11 months ago#11
1. Solomon Thomas - a little bit if a disappointment. He's shown flashes, with some great plays. But he's inconsistent and you expect better from a #3 overall.

2. Reuben Foster - when he's on the field, he's been incredible. I'm worried that he gets hurt too much. He needs to improve his technique and hit the weight room.

3. Ahkello Witherspoon - surprisingly solid. He's already our best corner (which isn't saying much) and I think he has a bright future.

4. CJ Beathard - he was OK for a rookie, and could have a solid career as a backup, like Sean Hill. Less relevant since the Garoppolo trade.

5. Joe Williams - bust

6. George Kittle - has not lived up to the hype. He's been OK, but not as good as he was supposed to have.

7. Tent Taylor - same with Kittle. Got a lot of training camp hype, has yet to really live up to it.

8. DJ Jones - he's gotten some playing time but hasn't done much.

9. Pita Toumeopenu - he hasn't played but is on the roster

10. Adrain Colbert - he's starting due to injury, but he's surprisingly solid. Still a bit raw, but I'm pretty optimistic about him.
"Oh look - a dumb idea just found a friend!"
- Emerson Cod

User Info: Xeon_Is_Back

Xeon_Is_Back
11 months ago#12
Round 1, 16th overall
Marlon Humphrey CB - He has come on strong towards the end of the season, he played extremely well stepping in for the injured Jimmy Smith. He's gone through growing pains as most rookie corners do but you can tell that he immediately bounces back and learns from his mistakes. Plays hard to the ball as well. He has a bright future ahead of him and I hope he's a Raven for a long, long time.

Round 2, 47th overall
Tyus Bowser OLB- He hasn't made the massive impact I was hoping for. In 14 games played with very limited snaps he's gotten 1 int and 3 sacks. Part of that is due to lack of snaps, Matt Judon is starting at OLB and playing very well so it's hard to judge without more playing time.

Round 3, 74th overall
Chris Wormley DE- Big Worm has been a healthy scratch for most of the season. He's barely played, I think they're doing what they usually do with mid round d-linemen and essentially redshirting them while they spend a year in an NFL weightlifting program. We also have a stacked d-line this year so it was always going to be hard for him to get snaps unless he was an absolute stud.

Round 3, 78th overall
Tim Williams OLB- He has barely seen the field. I was hoping for a big boost to our pass rush similar to Pernell McPhee a few years back. I expect more from him next year.

Round 4, 122nd overall
Nico Siragusa G- Tore his achilles or ACL or something like that in training camp. One of 69 linemen we lost to injury this year.

Round 5, 159th overall
Jermaine Eluemunor G- He's a really raw player, he got absolutely demolished when he played at RG. He may eventually become a good player but he's nothing more than depth at the moment.

Round 6, 186th overall
Chuck Clark DB- Special teams safety, occasionally gets snaps at S and LB.
Baltimore Ravens 8-6 Next: vs. Indianapolis
https://imgur.com/a/SQPNt

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
11 months ago#13
Bears

Looks pretty promising for all the “Ryan Pace just got himself fired!!!” hot takes.

-Mitch Trubisky looks like a rookie, but continues to flash big play potential and looks really sharp WHEN he’s comfortable — not necessarily “comfortable in the pocket” so much as “making decisions with authority.” He really needs some weapons and a coach, though

-Adam Shaheen is underutilized but makes the most of his opportunities, coming up big as a third down/red zone target when given a chance

-Eddie Jackson looks really nice for a rookie safety. Too early to make any sweeping declarations but he’s had more good games than bad

-Tarik Cohen is an electric gadget player and he can play at this level. Again, a creative OC who can get him more involved and less penalties calling back his big plays will help the kid

Obviously early but I feel like all of them can be a big part of things going forward.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: Von_Miller

Von_Miller
11 months ago#14
Alright here's a more in-depth breakdown of our sorry rookies:

Garrett Bolles - OT
Hes a good run blocker, but he's always caught holding in pass protection. I think he can be a prototypical RT but as it stands, he needs to show massive improvement next year if hes gonna stay at LT

DeMarcus Walker - DE
He's playing out of position, which sucks because he was great in college. He's too big/bulky/slow to play OLB, and he's a bit undersized to play a 5-tech like Wolfe. Was never a fit for us unless we were to go back to a 4-3 defense

Carlos Henderson - WR
Placed on IR before the season.

Brendan Langley - CB
Played against Oakland and Miami when Talib was suspended and he didn't look good. He's already buried under Harris, Talib, and Roby so he wasn't gonna get much playing time anyway.

Jake Butt - TE
Placed on IR before the season, but this was the plan ever since he was drafted. We have a revolving door at TE so Broncos fans have high hopes he can contribute in 2018. Then again, we said the exact same thing about Heuerman a couple years ago and he hasnt lived up to the hype soooo

Isaiah McKenzie - WR
Picked specifically as a returner and he's been a disaster. Jordan Taylor, a 3rd year UDFA has taken his spot and performed admirably so McKenzie is gonna have a hard time making the team next year if he keeps f***ing up

De'Angelo Henderson - RB
Buried behind CJA, Booker, and Charles. I can't remember if we signed Charles before or after the draft, but Vance Joseph basically said that Henderson wouldn't be used this year unless a bunch of dudes ahead of him got injured and they were forced to use him. He has 1 carry for 1 yard. Lol

Chad Kelly - QB
$wag Kelly had wrist surgery so he never got to fully practice and was placed on IR. Along with Jake Butt, his season was over when he wasnt activated back in November. Probably wont ever start for the Broncos but his status as a meme QB wont ever go away
https://i.imgur.com/DTEslOB.jpg https://i.imgur.com/vpCwiSL.gif

User Info: IWantANewKlug

IWantANewKlug
11 months ago#15
Davis blows
Jackson is ass
Smith is an idiot
Taylor doesn't matter
Brown is butt

Everyone else is either on the PS or cut.
http://i.imgur.com/7bKJ1.jpg

Mr_Biscuit
11 months ago#16
IWantANewKlug posted...
Davis blows
Jackson is ass
Smith is an idiot
Taylor doesn't matter
Brown is butt

Everyone else is either on the PS or cut.

Dude wtf happened to Corey Davis

I couldn’t even remember who “Davis” was for a second

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
11 months ago#17
Our 1st rounder was on pace to have the single greatest rookie season in NFL history and was going to be in the discussion for MVP before an injury landed him on IR.

Zach Cunningham has been encouraging enough to make the transition from Cushing bearable.

Foreman was good before he too landed on IR. I have no idea how he fell to the 3rd round.

Everyone else was a complete non-factor.

User Info: IWantANewKlug

IWantANewKlug
11 months ago#18
Mr_Biscuit posted...

Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie.

The same thing that happened to every player.
http://i.imgur.com/7bKJ1.jpg

Mr_Biscuit
11 months ago#19
IWantANewKlug posted...
Mr_Biscuit posted...

Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie.

The same thing that happened to every player.

kek
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. With the regular season ending soon, how did your drafts/rookies do?
  • Topic Archived