This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. How do you guys think Jonah Lomu would have done in the NFL?

User Info: OmegaTomHank

OmegaTomHank
7 years ago#1
He was the GOAT rugby player from New Zealand.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UCGlk

He was 6'5, 280 and ran a 10.6 100 meter(4.3-4.4 40 roughly..depending on his acceleration vs top speed...for comparison Bo Jackson ran a 10.4 and likely ran around 4.39 at the combine when you adjust for non electronic timing)...at 21 years old, the Dallas Cowboys wanted to sign him as a RB or LB but he declined as they offered him a starters wage and he was already making millions of dollars for the All Blacks.

Had the Boys up their ante, how do you think he would have faired?

Tbh I think he would've been a hall of famer.
A vote for Draven(and GlaDOS) is a vote for AMERICA! Vote America!

User Info: ThunderMuffin

ThunderMuffin
7 years ago#2
OmegaTomHank posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UCGlk

1:10

0_0
Interior Crocodile Alligator. I drive a Chevrolet movie theater.

User Info: xTreefiddy350x

xTreefiddy350x
7 years ago#3
His tangibles sound f***ing rediculous. However intangibles are often more important, especially for a position such as LB. Had he joined the Boys, I would not expect him to contribute right away. But maybe when he learned the game more, which coming from rugby shouldn't be the hardest task in the world, he could be a great.

User Info: Hector_Sass

Hector_Sass
7 years ago#4
Dude was a beast, his arrival started the downfall of the wallabies in the Bledisloe Cup ;_;
Only two or three shots, I'ma show you how to turn it up another notch
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/09/30/TalibNologo.gif

User Info: OmegaTomHank

OmegaTomHank
7 years ago#5
xTreefiddy350x posted...
His tangibles sound f***ing rediculous. However intangibles are often more important, especially for a position such as LB. Had he joined the Boys, I would not expect him to contribute right away. But maybe when he learned the game more, which coming from rugby shouldn't be the hardest task in the world, he could be a great.

Football is so damn easy to learn though...look at Jimmy Graham..literally started playing around the same as as Lomu would have plus a lot of the skills he needed to play RB and LB he would have had from rugby...as a LB he could've been a Rush and played the Ware/Suggs role where he is very limited as a cover guy and even plays a lot of snaps with his hand in the dirt.

Also I adjusted the OP to correct some data....a 10.6-10.8 100 meter would likely translate to a very high 4.3...maybe like a 4.38 or 4.39 depending on the acceleration vs top speed characteristics of the particular athlete....but more likely a 4.4 something....still fairly sensational given only a handful of RBs each year actually run 4.4 40s and none are anywhere near 300lbs.

He looks like, on film a guy with high acceleration and burst though...so he'd probably run a good 40.

Also ya, basically that he had NO IDEA what football was or any of the concepts like blocking or whatever...they would have had to put him on the practice squad and maybe use him very situationally at first. I think this was the main reason he never played in the NFL...because the money he was going to demand would have been too much given how much of a project he was.
A vote for Draven(and GlaDOS) is a vote for AMERICA! Vote America!
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. How do you guys think Jonah Lomu would have done in the NFL?
  • Topic Archived