This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NBA
  3. Durant's free agency choices

User Info: aywwsd87

aywwsd87
1 week ago#1
looks like a ruptured achilles tendon, and the recovery time is usually a year. he is going to miss the entire next regular season, and might see some limited action in the post season if the team qualifies as the best case scenario.

durant has a 32 million dollar player option with the warriors he can exercise, or he can decide to opt out.

if he opts out, warriors can offer him a 5 year 221 million dollar contract. if he decides to go to a new team, he can sign a 4 year 164 million dollar deal, and right now, knicks, nets, clippers, lakers, mavs, pacers, kings, 76ers, and hawks have the cap space to sign him.

what should he do?
PSN - aywwsd

User Info: FBI9111

FBI9111
1 week ago#2
He should honestly stop caring about what everyone else thinks of him and stay in GS. There’s no team that is gonna be able to duplicate their success, new arena, living in California, hundreds of millions of dollars, etc.
You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray. - Euron Greyjoy

User Info: ToTheBucks

ToTheBucks
1 week ago#3
Does he care about an extra $57 million? We have no idea if GS would even offer him that after this injury.
Giannis MVP | Bucks in 6 | Fear the Deer

User Info: JohnWall32

JohnWall32
1 week ago#4
I'd take the 5 years from GSW now. It's the most guaranteed money and it looks like they need him more than we thought or at least that's the new narrative.
cod ghosts - 7500 kills, tdm, 5.0 kdr. throwaway burner account.
https://imgur.com/a/PnPRuRz

User Info: livetime5

livetime5
1 week ago#5
JohnWall32 posted...
I'd take the 5 years from GSW now. It's the most guaranteed money and it looks like they need him more than we thought or at least that's the new narrative.

They can’t keep klay or green if they do that right? I’m behind on their cap situation
Hot blondes
If she isn't blonde it doesn't count.

User Info: Bond23

Bond23
1 week ago#6
Imagine if he left that would basically mean they've just used him to try and win a chip, broken him, and then he's left and they don't have to rehab him or be accountable for his injury.

I hope he stays and they have to deal with him rather than freeing up his salary for some other poor schmuck.
bond21

User Info: JohnWall32

JohnWall32
1 week ago#7
livetime5 posted...
JohnWall32 posted...

They can’t keep klay or green if they do that right? I’m behind on their cap situation

I don't think they can keep both but Green is next year right? I hope they try to short Klay a little and he feels disrespected and by some miracle he goes to LAL. That would be a perfect senario...you weaken your biggest threat and pair LeBron with the second best shooter of all time, imo. Add AD to that and s***, it's over. Anyway, way off topic.
cod ghosts - 7500 kills, tdm, 5.0 kdr. throwaway burner account.
https://imgur.com/a/PnPRuRz

User Info: ---Devin---

---Devin---
1 week ago#8
He’s obviously staying
Slime Season

User Info: Alexanaxela

Alexanaxela
1 week ago#9
sign the ultramax with warriors duh
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
1 week ago#10
I hate how they arent updating about it, they have to have official news by now if not already had surgery
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NBA
  3. Durant's free agency choices
  • Topic Archived