This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Do you think kyler murray is making a mistake by not picking mlb?

User Info: JebronLames

JebronLames
4 weeks ago#1
anybody here think he is?
"I've always wanted there to be nothing between us, now there's not"

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
4 weeks ago#2
Not really

I know he’s guaranteed more money out the gate in baseball but he’ll get a chance to shine right away in the NFL and earn endorsement money whereas in the MLB he’s likely to waste away in the minors for years and is in a league that doesn’t market its players unless you’re in NY or Chicago, which doesn’t help Murray since he would be in Oakland.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Flock_Masta_P

Flock_Masta_P
4 weeks ago#3
Depends on how much his brains get scrambled.

Given the choice between the two, I'd take baseball for the amount he could have made and not had to take all the hits he will in the NFL.
http://i.imgur.com/fNt9EYY.jpg http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1130-
Cleveland Indians | OSU Buckeyes | Tennessee Titans | Toledo Rockets | Cleveland Cavaliers
I don't think he would have as much of an issue with head injuries. He is a QB and the NFL is protecting against head injuries a lot more now.

However, he is much more likely to have a career altering injury in his first year and end up like RG3 or worse. Add to the fact that many people don't think he would be good anyway. He probably should have done baseball.

He can be a bigger star in football though since they actually know how to market their players.

User Info: chaos knight

chaos knight
4 weeks ago#5
TimeForAction posted...
Not really

I know he’s guaranteed more money out the gate in baseball but he’ll get a chance to shine right away in the NFL and earn endorsement money whereas in the MLB he’s likely to waste away in the minors for years and is in a league that doesn’t market its players unless you’re in NY or Chicago, which doesn’t help Murray since he would be in Oakland.

There is a good chance that Murray may either go first overall, or at least in the top 10 in the NFL draft. He'll be guaranteed more money doing football at this point. And as you said, he would languish for Oakland and they wouldn't pay him all that much anyway even if he did advance quickly through their system. He made the smart choice financially.
Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
4 weeks ago#6
its harder to make it in the mlb than in any other league. 18-20 you know what youre getting as a football or basketball player. in baseball you dont hit your stride til your mid to late twenties.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#7
Depends on who drafts him lol
New York Yankees, Memphis Grizzlies, Oakland Raiders, Arkansas Travelers, Memphis Redbirds, Boise State Broncos, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. RIP Memphis Express
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ChampagneDream

ChampagneDream
4 weeks ago#8
If he doesn't go in the first, which he really shouldn't, he'll lose money out of this. But, the Cardinals want to f*** up their whole team drafting him first, so of course his decision will be rewarded.
Paint cold pictures like Nova Scotia landscapes
Nerd game make Mandelbrot sets when we handshake

User Info: Crushed515151

Crushed515151
4 weeks ago#9
I could see him switching in 2-3 years time if this “football thing” doesn’t pan out
Stop, Drop, And Roll Does Not Work In Hell-By the End of Tonight

User Info: JebronLames

JebronLames
4 weeks ago#10
Crushed515151 posted...
I could see him switching in 2-3 years time if this “football thing” doesn’t pan out

yeah kinda like that big prospect from my area, drew henson, but he didn't pan out in either sport
"I've always wanted there to be nothing between us, now there's not"
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Do you think kyler murray is making a mistake by not picking mlb?