This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Nationals fans never loved Harper. Never appreciated the gift they were given

User Info: BigK1016

BigK1016
2 months ago#11
Think this is completely unfair. Bryce was loved in DC, problem is there’s a small group of negative DC sports fans that are outspoken and were ready for Bryce to leave, preparing for the inevitable. Had Bryce resigned with the Nats, he would’ve been the biggest star in the city.
twitch.tv/bigk1016
Give me a follow!

User Info: Azalea9X

Azalea9X
2 months ago#12
Nah, we liked Bryce, but, we don't have the time for divas that are indecisive and don't know if they want to play with us.

If he wanted to come back to us we would welcome him with open arms, but, we didn't like the way he was treating us after being here for seven years.
"OBJECTION!! I find that objectionable."- Miles Edgeworth

User Info: The_Great_Juan

The_Great_Juan
2 months ago#13
Azalea9X posted...
Nah, we liked Bryce, but, we don't have the time for divas that are indecisive and don't know if they want to play with us.

If he wanted to come back to us we would welcome him with open arms, but, we didn't like the way he was treating us after being here for seven years.

Maybe don’t give him a s***ty contract then

User Info: TheGraniteState

TheGraniteState
2 months ago#14
MattVSin posted...
Watch the Phillies never win a World Series with him.

Lets keep bumping this topic for the next 13 years
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/8/1/4/71382814/040814_texbos_bobblehead_8pgczf0r.gif

User Info: saber262

saber262
2 months ago#15
The_Great_Juan posted...
Drove him to their bitter rival who in 24 hours have shown him more gratitude than he's ever had in his career. Unbelievable stuff.

Nats fan do not sign his check. Even if all the fans appreciated him, it would not have matter if the Nationals organization did not show him the money. It was no secret that Scott Boras wanted to get a contract for Bryce that would beat Stanton's $325 million contract.

User Info: Azalea9X

Azalea9X
2 months ago#16
That’s not true... we loved him... but we loved him like we loved our other players. He was coming to a franchise that already had a rich history and good players on it. He was one of the team. He wasn’t the team.

I can’t blame him for not taking that deal. But, I just don’t like how he went to Philly.
"OBJECTION!! I find that objectionable."- Miles Edgeworth

User Info: jordan629

jordan629
2 months ago#17
Azalea9X posted...
He was coming to a franchise that already had a rich history

wat
Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl LII Champions (I changed my sig!)
NOVA NATION: National Champions 1985|2016|2018

User Info: aywwsd87

aywwsd87
2 months ago#18
should have traded him last year.

baltimore traded machado for 5 prospects and 2 of them are probably making the majors this season and 2 more are coming up in the next season or two.
PSN - aywwsd

User Info: cancerquake

cancerquake
2 months ago#19
jordan629 posted...
Azalea9X posted...
He was coming to a franchise that already had a rich history

wat
boom

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
2 months ago#20
aywwsd87 posted...
should have traded him last year.

baltimore traded machado for 5 prospects and 2 of them are probably making the majors this season and 2 more are coming up in the next season or two.

They actually had a deal in place with the Astros, but Nats ownership killed it at the last minute because they thought they could lure Harper back.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Nationals fans never loved Harper. Never appreciated the gift they were given
  • Topic Archived