This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Chisox fans-do we even want harper?

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
3 months ago#1
I personally hope they pass on him and Machado. I think whoever gives these guys 300 mil is going to regret it

User Info: User728

User728
3 months ago#2
Ask Macaulay Culkin if you want an honest answer.

User Info: SuperSaiyanSonic

SuperSaiyanSonic
3 months ago#3
Yes

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
3 months ago#4
I definitely dont want machado

Torn on harper

The money will at least be somewhat offset by him drawing fans, and may attract free agents to the team as well

Just think its a lot of money to tie up when we have the best farm and can also wait another year for trout

I just dont want a kneejerk

Want to be smart about a signing like this

Id like them to get sale back as well, and 100 mil going to ~3 players hurts

User Info: cancerquake

cancerquake
3 months ago#5
buy machado and harper
boom

User Info: Crushed515151

Crushed515151
3 months ago#6
Trout isn’t going anywhere near here if we don’t or show an unwillingness to sign guys like Harper or Machado. I also don’t see him leaving LA.

As for signing Machado and Harper. Yes they should. They will have to significantly overpay to get them here, but you are talking about cornerstone pieces ENTERING their primes. Their tv deal is ending and they have around 70mil in commitments(have been around 150m). There will not be a better free agency to do this.

Hell, I’d shoot for Grandal this offseason too. Is it crazy money? Yes. Will it get people buying Sox tv packages? Yes. I think the last thing they want to do is go into a new tv deal without any significant improvements. The tv deal itself will pay for Harper and Machado alone.
Stop, Drop, And Roll Does Not Work In Hell-By the End of Tonight

Crushed515151
3 months ago#7
@TC, it’s going to take much more than 300mil to get them.

I also think these guys will be looking for opt-outs to come collecting again. As much as the opt out protects the player, it does work both ways if utilized correctly within the contract language. I see jerry wanting to make one more push before the team is sold/he does.

User Info: The_Great_Juan

The_Great_Juan
3 months ago#8
They’re going to Philly anyway

Crushed515151
3 months ago#9
The_Great_Juan posted...
They’re going to Philly anyway

Which could be very well the case. I didn’t say they would be the favorites.

I just don’t see a world where the Sox don’t try to land both this year. It is literally the best time for them to do so, all things considered.

User Info: themastah

themastah
3 months ago#10
SuperSaiyanSonic posted...
Yes
A wild blog has appeared!
http://thedeepindigo.wordpress.com - A new blog about M:TG and other games: this one has updates!
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Baseball
  3. Chisox fans-do we even want harper?
  • Topic Archived