This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. ***New York Mets Topic CCLVI: Gio couldn't help us***

User Info: DW4fReAk31

DW4fReAk31
3 months ago#491
and time to turn the game off, i can focus on actually working now too
"In my book, experience outranks everything."

User Info: InnerTubeHero

InnerTubeHero
3 months ago#492
Piazza posted...
This team will go nowhere until it trades all of this overrated to hell starting pitching. You can say whatever you want, but the starting pitching hasn’t delivered since our playoff runs. Theyre all hurt and too up and down. It’s a joke.

Wheeler is given a 4-1 lead and he f***ing blows it IMMEDIATELY. I’m sick of watching it

Except the defence is just as much to blame as Wheeler here...
He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.

User Info: Piazza

Piazza
3 months ago#493
InnerTubeHero posted...
Piazza posted...
This team will go nowhere until it trades all of this overrated to hell starting pitching. You can say whatever you want, but the starting pitching hasn’t delivered since our playoff runs. Theyre all hurt and too up and down. It’s a joke.

Wheeler is given a 4-1 lead and he f***ing blows it IMMEDIATELY. I’m sick of watching it

Except the defence is just as much to blame as Wheeler here...

I’m sick of excuses. Frazier made an error, yes. But he proceeded to compound it by imploding. And it’s not just one start. It’s all year. He’s up and down and prone to imploding at any time. I’m sick of it
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby

Piazza
3 months ago#494
I mean seriously. Look at their f***ing numbers. ERA near 5 and homers galore. We’ve given up I believe the second most runs in the NL. Pitching is supposed to be our strength! You can’t win when your “strength” is one of the worst units in baseball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby

User Info: metjets69

metjets69
3 months ago#495
Yeah. This is on Wheeler. The error was frustrating, but he had already given up a 3 run lead to tie it anyway. He needs to be better and stop imploding when the slightest thing goes wrong; plain and simple.
"75 percent of the world is covered by water. The rest is covered by Smoot." --Fred Smoot

User Info: SwordMaster13X

SwordMaster13X
3 months ago#496
If we had four runs last year, it would have been a godsend but this year four runs isn’t enough
Ask me about my community board
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1072-the-underground-garden

Piazza
3 months ago#497
I mean look, the Yankees have made 3 errors and Tanaka has settled in other than the one inning with McNeil.

User Info: Link165

Link165
3 months ago#498
They're also used to Clint Frazier f***ing up in the field every game, to be fair.

Although by the same logic our pitchers should be used to that by now too.
Link165 basically just won.-Neosporin_v2
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)

User Info: kbusch22

kbusch22
3 months ago#499
Already started the next topic, maybe a return to Seinfeld references will help. lol :(

User Info: kbusch22

kbusch22
3 months ago#500
LGM I guess
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. ***New York Mets Topic CCLVI: Gio couldn't help us***
  • Topic Archived