This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Clipper

Clipper
2 months ago#1
Alrighty, so I know we used to have one of these up quite some time ago, but obviously it is no more. I miss these topics. For one, it gives me a reason to post betting ideas and to receive ideas from others.

For another, I tend to feel more confident in my betting if I can reason out my bets, and writing them down helps me to reason them out...so here we are.

Hopefully the last topic didn't get deleted for being off-topic or illegal or anything, because I'd really like this one to stay up, even if it's only me posting in it lol...

Anyway, my last couple betting ideas have gone poorly. I bet an MSU/Memphis parlay today and that failed early.

So now we have a 3-team parlay. $5 to win $31.71

NCAA: Memphis (-1) over UCF

Memphis is interesting... They're just 10-9 ATS this season and just 1-4 ATS in their last 5. However, 3 of those were road games (Memphis is 2-6 in road/neutral site games this season and 10-1 at home). UCF isn't a bad team but they haven't played anyone of consequence and aren't that much better ATS than Memphis is (10-7-1). This is actually the first game the Knights have played this season in which they are not a favorite.

NBA: San Antonio Spurs (-4) over Washington Wizards

Alright, so here's what I don't like. The Wizards are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games and have played reasonably well against teams that are better than San Antonio. They covered against Toronto, they beat Philly at home on the back end of a road-home back-to-back, they beat Milwaukee. They took Toronto to 2 overtimes and kept Golden State within single digits.

Here's what I like. They are 7-17 ATS on the road this season. DeMar DeRozan is probably for the game tonight. The Spurs are good at home and the Wiz are terrible on the road. 4 points is a pretty small number for this game...

NBA: Toronto Raptors (-5) over Dallas Mavericks

I'll admit it, I don't have much to go on here except that I think Toronto is gonna come out on a mission tonight after they ALMOST stole one in Houston Friday night when Houston just threw up all over themselves in the final minute. Dallas isn't that good and they are still trying to really find the best way to utilize Dennis Smith Jr. Now maybe you can work through your issues on the floor against the Clippers and Pistons, but I don't think you can do that against Toronto.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr
(edited 2 months ago)

Clipper
2 months ago#2
Aaaaaand NBA trash time points at the last 2nd of the game allow Dallas to cover.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

Clipper
2 months ago#3
A 60 dollar 3 team parlay with UVA at -7.5, Tennessee -8.5 and the Lakers moneyline bet +252 would net ya 720 bucks. If I had more faith in the Lakers I'd do it too, but I cant bring myself to bet against my own team :(
Wizards -7.5
http://tinyurl.com/q7o6uys

User Info: VerySikTodayII

VerySikTodayII
2 months ago#5
I placed a bet on Duke to win it all before the season started.

+500, $15

Clipper
2 months ago#6
Yesterday's bet...

NBA: Golden State (-7.5) over Indiana

$32.84 to win 31.28

Easy bet. Golden State covered easily. With Oladipo out for the season, Indiana was wildly overmatched and lost by 32.

Today's bet.

NCAA: Virginia (-7.5) over NC State

$10 to win $9.35 (-107)

I considered just trying to double up the balance again and bet $65 on them, but I did not. This is good (since I lost the bet). UVA has been killing people lately but they did not kill NC State.

Clipper
2 months ago#7
Alright, time to risk it for the biscuit here.

$52.35 on 2 team parlay to win $134.50, Indiana (-2) over Rutgers and Syracuse (-3) over Boston College.

I know Indiana stinks, but you can't convince me that Rutgers is even a little bit good. At least Indiana has beaten some solid teams, and yeah they've lost 6 in a row. But 4 of those are to Michigan, Maryland, and Purdue. I'm not suuuuuper confident because I know Indiana has struggled mightily, but I'll take a flyer on them.

Syracuse was 3-0 in true road games before being blasted by Va. Tech in their last game. BC just got their first 2 conference wins against a damn bad Wake Forest team and a Florida State team that has struggled to find its way since the start of ACC play. I don't know...it's not enough for me.

I assume both dogs will cover since I'm trying another parlay, but we will find out.

Clipper
2 months ago#8
Lol f***ing Indiana

User Info: edgeomatic

edgeomatic
2 months ago#9
MIL/TOR UNDER 232
LAC/LAL OVER 228

Just going to tuck these in here real quick.
Now I'm not allowed to bet on most sports due to my job, but if I could Georgetown -3 and Murray State/Jacksonville State over 142 would look pretty good.
this sig will not change until the Pirates win the world series Started February 4, 2004