This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. Donald Sterling doesn't associate with dark-skinned folk

User Info: TIDQ

TIDQ
4 years ago#1
Or as Cliven Bundy would call them, The Negro.

This was mentioned by a couple peeps in the NBA topic, but this deserves its own topic. If you have the patience, listen to a 9 minute audio of a conversation between the 90-year old Donald and his 19-year old girlfriend (who is bi- or tri-racial from what I can gather).

http://deadspin.com/donald-sterling-still-a-vicious-racist-according-to-tm-1567966769

"Why are you associating with minorities?"
"What's wrong with minorities? What's wrong with black people?"
"Nothing. Nothing. It's like talking with the enemy."

And then he goes on and calls her inflexible and not respecting the ways of the world and calls her stupid for thinking race doesn't matter, then is disgusted with Magic Johnson, until the girl is broken and worthless and apologizes a hundred times.
Sig

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
4 years ago#2
It will never happen, but it would be great to see the black Clippers players refuse to take the court until Sterling is no longer the owner.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
4 years ago#3
He picked an interesting sport to own a team in.

User Info: niceguykevie

niceguykevie
4 years ago#4
ain't nothing worse than an inflexible girl y'all know what I'm SAYIN
bad motorscooter

niceguykevie
4 years ago#5
but I think we are all missing the real news worthy item here

19 year old girl dating a 90 year old guy

who you foolin' yous a prostitute and you know it
bad motorscooter

User Info: VerySikTodayII

VerySikTodayII
4 years ago#6
Meh, that's normal (see: Silvio Berlusconi)

TIDQ
4 years ago#7
She's older than 19. I was exaggerating the age difference for COMEDIC EFFECT. He is more than double her age though, pretty sure.
Sig

niceguykevie
4 years ago#8
you'll never make it in the world of fast paced tv news media if you can't get your details correct, sir
bad motorscooter

TIDQ
4 years ago#9
If I can't get my facts straight, the fast-paced world of news media might be the perfect place for me.
Sig

User Info: Joe__Tobin

Joe__Tobin
4 years ago#10
The faux outrage over this by Twitter and the rest of the social media actually pisses me off more than what Sterling said in the first place.

I wonder how many people who are faux outraged over this even know about Sterling's slumlord past, which is a whole hell of a lot worse than stuff he said to his girlfriend (which - if you take the racism out - he kind of had every right to say because he probably supports her as a human being in ever conceivable manner so if he doesn't want her posting stuff on Instagram she should shut up and obey) But that actually takes nuance to understand, so Twitter and social media have no use for it.
That wasnt an interview, that was a rant.
That was Kanye Pacific Northwest. #HotSportsTakes
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. Donald Sterling doesn't associate with dark-skinned folk
  • Topic Archived