• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill 3 - Social
  3. Through the Looking (Forward) Glass
haha. Yeah, but that's unreliable. You got lucky. I've never gotten a physical game early when buying online. or ever, probably.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: LiveWire008

LiveWire008
3 days ago#12
Yeah, me neither. I've had the opposite happen; pre-ordered a game and it gets delayed in shipping, then I'm stuck waiting for that copy when I can go buy it down the street >_<

I used to like midnight launches, before digital pre-loading, but that was also in the days when didn't have to work a 9-5, haha. I'm surprised Amazon doesn't have their usual $10 off *most new releases for R3make. They do for Cyberpunk...

So, look at the REmake 2 box art. Now look at the R3make box art. Am I the only one who sees a lazy copy/paste kinda thing happening? They've sorta shuffled the composition, but it just looks like they used a drag & drop template.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/6/9/AACI7NAAAG-Z.jpg https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/7/0/AACI7NAAAG-a.jpg
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
3 days ago#13
Yeah it was lucky. I do remember getting Vice City in store at EB Games/Gamestop a few days before release as well. Another game might've shipped a tad earlier but I can't remember.

I decided to suck it up and get the Collector's Edition of RE3. I really don't need it but hey, why not. If there's any game I'm interested in going all out for it's a classic-style Resident Evil like this. RE2's looked pretty cool and there's some cool stuff with RE3: the item box, Jill statue, art book and map. A bit nerdy but I like RE enough as a series that I find those things cool. Only other special edition I have of that magnitude is Gran Turismo 5, which came with a big case, a magazine and a small model car. MGS4's came with the special case and Blu-ray making of or whatever, but that was a lower profile one and probably more available.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable
$180 is a lot for the collector's edition. The Jill statue is of course the main thing, but it's unclear how high quality it would be. other than that, there doesn't seem to be much to it.
Honestly, the price isn't the deal breaker for a beloved franchise, but at this point in my life, that statue would have to be pretty sweet for me to argue about house real estate to display it. haha.

I've been kind of thinking of replaying RE0 (probably buy a costume pack too) as a little aperitif. I was thinking about RE3 again, but might as well play something different. I have Root Letter to play on the switch and I'm partway through Goose Game, but then I'm kind of out of game for a while.

Team Futaba!!

User Info: Conquerer

Conquerer
3 days ago#15
Yeah I hear you, and I normally don't go for those things are care at all. But idk lol... I thought f*** it, why not? Statue seems like coolest thing included, yeah, and apparently it's high quality. It's the same as the Leon RE2 statue which I've heard was very highly detailed and well received. I don't really have anything like that as far as gaming goes and as I said it's not even really my thing but hey, could be some cool things to add to my gaming shelf.
Ayrton Senna da Silva
In Life Unbeatable - In Death Irreplaceable

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
2 days ago#16
DOOM Eternal new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM&feature=emb_title

Looks amazing!
And this time!

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
1 day ago#17
Been posting lots of trailers here lately, haha. Here's one for MK11 Joker that just came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjRFCPiFoA&feature=emb_title
And this time!
Cyberpunk delayed until September (or longer).
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1217861009446182912?s=20

Plenty of time for RE3 and TLoU2 now. haha.

Pity all those poor bastards who set their release for fall to avoid the Cyberpunk crush.
Team Futaba!!

User Info: LiveWire008

LiveWire008
1 day ago#19
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Pity all those poor bastards who set their release for fall to avoid the Cyberpunk crush.
Also those poor bastards who'll have to crunch for another 5 months to get that monster out the door.

Da Dood posted...
MK11 Joker
I could not be less excited about Joker joining MK11 (or Spawn, for that matter). I guess it makes sense they'd pick him because A; the movie just came out, and B; there's always an MK cameo in Injustice, so now Injustice is getting its turn in MK, but... eh. I just can't bring myself to care. The Batman skins for the regular characters are interesting, but again; it's a little too much cross pollination for my liking. People'll probably go nuts for it, though.

That said, I wonder how he'll play... MKX Erron Black was said to play like Injustice Joker, so now that he's more of his own thing, it makes the mind wander. I thought Terminator was an interesting mix of Stryker and Jason Voorhees.
(edited 1 day ago)
LiveWire008 posted...
Also those poor bastards who'll have to crunch for another 5 months to get that monster out the door.

maybe if they'd been crunching instead of being lazy bums, they wouldn't have to delay their game :D

Team Futaba!!
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill 3 - Social
  3. Through the Looking (Forward) Glass
  • Post New Message