• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Digimon Ghost Game Episode 14 *SPOILERS*
Dracoknight2006 4 months ago#1
A breather episode at the spa. BlackTailmon Uver's delivery might be relevant down the line
Who shall rise and become the anime villain of this decade?
Sirius Reinhart 4 months ago#2
This episode felt severely disjointed
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
RPGNoZero 4 months ago#3
Sirius Reinhart posted...
Partly because they tried to insert some form of mystery of the week when it could have been just the characters taking a breather vacation and talk about last week's event and Hokuto's messages.

Though Koemon has some thematic parallel with Gammamon's loss, so it's not exactly felt pointless.
Chaos! Chaos! CHAOS! CHAOS!!!! CHAOOOOSSS!!!! ENOUGH ABOUT CHAOS!!!!! CHAOS IS ME! NOBODY ELSE!!!
demonfang178 4 months ago#4
Oh hey. It's one of the starters from Digimon World 3. Monmo-

Koemon

Ugh. They are killing me with these name changes. There was nothing wrong with Monmon.

What was the point of Hiro's dad sending 3 cards if only one of them was useful? It makes no narrative sense.

Animation was weak at points, lip sync was hilariously off of Hiro's dad, and now it really is confirmed that Hiro can't pick Gammamon's digivolution. Ok episode but fanbase probably won't be pleased considering what we got last week.
RPGNoZero 4 months ago#5
demonfang178 posted...
What was the point of Hiro's dad sending 3 cards if only one of them was useful? It makes no narrative sense.
Considering the cards were offscreened it's kinda likely to be useful in some way, just not in the way Hiro think of now. The digital field thing also weren't really used until few episodes after he got it.
Chaos! Chaos! CHAOS! CHAOS!!!! CHAOOOOSSS!!!! ENOUGH ABOUT CHAOS!!!!! CHAOS IS ME! NOBODY ELSE!!!
uwnim 4 months ago#6
It was mentioned that all of them had a message and that his dad said nothing useful in any of them. They'd have also all had a digital field since his messages consist of a digital field with a hologram recording of him.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
Golden_Key33 4 months ago#7
Sirius Reinhart posted...
Yeah, I don't know how else to put it. I thought it was going to be about Gammamon getting over depression after learning what death is, and maybe he'd bond with Koemon over the death of Granny. But they never actually explain to Gammamon what death is; he still thinks Bokomon is on a literal journey. And then for some reason they tack on that Granny didn't actually die, she just had to go. There was so much potential for character development here but they fell short.

Also, after saying there's a lot they need to teach him, they jus let Koemon wander off on his own? He had literally never been outside the hotel before, they should have kept him with them for a few days. He seems really young, though it did look like he figured out how to switch back into translucent form at the end.
Shiny Dex: https://pokedextracker.com/u/GoldenKey/full-shiny-dex
Dracoknight2006 4 months ago#8
demonfang178 posted...

Koemon

Ugh. They are killing me with these name changes. There was nothing wrong with Monmon.

Animation was weak at points, lip sync was hilariously off of Hiro's dad, and now it really is confirmed that Hiro can't pick Gammamon's digivolution. Ok episode but fanbase probably won't be pleased considering what we got last week.

Bolded: Koemon is the original Japanese name. Monmon is just the localized name.
Who shall rise and become the anime villain of this decade?
Chaos_Missile 4 months ago#9
demonfang178 posted...

Koemon

Yeah. Koemon is the original JP name ala Vamdemon. Monmon is the Westernised name ala Myostismon.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Digimon Ghost Game Episode 14 *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived