• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Unpacking It: My Hero Academia
YoungMutual 1 month ago#21
FortePlus posted...
It's funny how I made a topic to "critique" MHA like all of you love to do so much, and instead of actually participating with coherent posts most of you can't help yourselves and fill the thread up with nonsense. This is why nobody respects shonenfriends.
You don't want to critique the series, you want to smell your own farts and have people tell you how right you are. Any poster that thinks differently from you is disliked by you from the start. This topic is pointless.
YoungMutual
FortePlus 1 month ago#22
YoungMutual posted...
You don't want to critique the series, you want to smell your own farts and have people tell you how right you are. Any poster that thinks differently from you is disliked by you from the start. This topic is pointless.

Respected gamefaqs poster Young "I hate Mashima" Mutual exposed my nefarious plot to gain ??? by making a topic about My Hero Academia.

Looks like it's over for me boys. Pack it up.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - king bully. // I am reclaimer of my name. Born in flames, I have been blessed!
BET makes my brain cry.~ Gnorry
FortePlus 1 month ago#23
Absolutely based how I live in your head, eating the food out of your fridge.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - king bully. // I am reclaimer of my name. Born in flames, I have been blessed!
YoungMutual 1 month ago#24
I haven't even interacted with you in like years but whatever floats your boat man
YoungMutual
FortePlus 1 month ago#25
Man shut up.
Ararararararagi 1 month ago#26
I'm glad I was able to bump Forte's topic to 25 posts of suffering. I did give an actual opinion afterward tho to be fair. Making a general topic like this was asking for all the shounenfriends to stink it up, though. You'd be better off discussing it in the ep topics when it's airing.
http://tinyurl.com/h7pbdbp
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Tomo-Tomo
YoungMutual 1 month ago#27
Generic ass Naruto ripoff superhero manga is secretly awesome and if you don't like it your a shonenfriends

There, am i doing it right?
YoungMutual
ArekuKitten 1 month ago#28
Ararararararagi posted...
Making a general topic like this was asking for all the shounenfriends to stink it up, though.
That's why FF would be the better show to do this with. Less uh-huh nuh-uh more "this is what you always say you want, but good".
LightningAce11 1 month ago#29
Hello young alt.

I want you to grab your nuts. Grab your balls. I want you to take a handful, and just grab your nuts real quick. Swivel 'em around in a circular motion.
-LTG
Alex_Whiter 1 month ago#30
Honestly tempering expectations is good when reading Shonen I find nowadays.

I remember years ago when I read Naruto and I was probably one of the people really upset that the supporting cast didn't get as much to do. These days though I recognize that like no, Kiba/Shino/Tenten didn't really need focus, they had nothing to tie them to the overarching themes or major characters of the story.

But on the opposite end, striving to give every member of the cast something to do leads to bloat and One Piece really is a HUGE example of that problem since we're now how many years into Wano and that's only because Oda thinks every character has to have panel time or do something.

So I enjoy My Hero in the present because I've been keeping my expectations in check for the cast. I knew going in from the start that people like Mina, Kaminari, Jiro and Sugar Boy were just there to fill the slots, but I still enjoyed the characters because Horikoshi made sure to give them endearing and consistent personalities and commaderie with the rest of the cast so even if they aren't leaving an impact on the plot you still feel their presence.

I think that's honestly the best way to go about making a supporting cast. Not necessarily to ensure they all have a place in the plot, but give them just enough that we can put a name and face to their personality and lines when we look back on the series.

That's another reason Demon Slayer worked. It had just the right size of a supporting cast and all of them are memorable and worked into the plot without stepping on each others or Tanjiro's toes.

...Oh sorry I made a serious post, I hope the rest of you don't mind that.

NOTHING IS HERE ANYMORE. FINALLY, GEEZ.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Unpacking It: My Hero Academia
  • Topic Archived