• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Netflix and anime(the netflix jail)
NightMareBunny 1 month ago#1
how do you view netflix acquiring anime...do you see it in a more positive light than most or do you agree it's never a good thing when A Series like Jojo is gobbled up by netflix?

Booping In The Scoop
Kalirion 1 month ago#2
I think it's good when they are the ones responsible getting the anime created (actual Netflix Originals like Devilman Crybaby), bad when they just buy the streaming rights and jail it (Blue Period).
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
Snakebone99 1 month ago#3
I really don't mind it. I like the Netflix app the best, so I kinda wish they had all of the anime, just so I could use the best video player app.im also a binge watcher, so I like when a whole season drips at once. I usually wait for a season to finish before I start watching a series anyway.
Sticking a feather up your butt, does not make you a chicken.
ShizumaHanazono 1 month ago#4
Kalirion posted...
I think it's good when they are the ones responsible getting the anime created (actual Netflix Originals like Devilman Crybaby), bad when they just buy the streaming rights and jail it (Blue Period).
This

Also don't license heavy typesetting show like Komi-san, like, really?

CR started to do some typesetting I believe. I've actually seen Sentai (Hi Dive?) put translation notes on some show (Waccha Primagi). And Netflix just can't keep up
darealest47 1 month ago#5
People who watch the normal weekly format are forced to wait for months on end thus killing off discussion and to experience absolute abysmal subs with mistranslations and amazingly low effort dubs.

People who bing are still waiting months on end and will still ultimately be experiencing abysmal subs/dubs.

Jojo in particular flat out doe NOT work under the netflix model and this will do far more damage than good

For the anime that netflix does create...you're still dealing with s***ty subs/dubs

won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
Meganium7 1 month ago#6
it's s*** and ruins all discussion of a show, reducing them to simple consooooomption of product
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general
NightMareBunny 1 month ago#7
darealest47 posted...
People who watch the normal weekly format are forced to wait for months on end thus killing off discussion and to experience absolute abysmal subs with mistranslations and amazingly low effort dubs.

People who bing are still waiting months on end and will still ultimately be experiencing abysmal subs/dubs.

Jojo in particular flat out doe NOT work under the netflix model and this will do far more damage than good

For the anime that netflix does create...you're still dealing with s***ty subs/dubs

I Did Enjoy Aggretsuko though
Booping In The Scoop
NightMareBunny 1 month ago#8
Meganium7 posted...
it's crap and ruins all discussion of a show, reducing them to simple consooooomption of product

and if You try to do a weekly format and suddenly you got people whining that it's taking too long for episodes to come out

because netflix made the binge-watching method seem like the traditional way to stream shows
Booping In The Scoop
Edgeknight 1 month ago#9
Binge watchers are addled consoomers who've let the critical processing parts of their brains atrophy. Netflix doesn't put in effort for good subs because they know their drooling subscribers don't care if something's good or not.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch
darealest47 1 month ago#10
NightMareBunny posted...
because netflix made the binge-watching method seem like the traditional way to stream shows
It's a good thing HBO didn't pay mind to this foolish notion.

Game of Thrones wouldn't had been the 2010s zeitgeist if it followed the consoomer model
Hell Netflix's own hits like Stranger Things and that recent Kaiji ripoff would be 1000 times bigger if they were weekly
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Netflix and anime(the netflix jail)
  • Topic Archived