• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Ep9 *spoilers*
Calwings 1 month ago#11
Turbo_TRex posted...
Did the source material come out in this funny order as well?

The main YuYuYu story (season 1, plus Hero Chapter in season 2) is an original anime not based on any source material. while all three of the side stories that have been adapted started as light novels accompanying the anime. Excluding NoWaYu for obvious reasons, the release order of the light novels and the original YuYuYu parts of the anime almost perfectly align with the actual chronological order of the franchise.

WaSuYu's light novel began shortly before season 1's airing in 2014 and ran parallel to the anime for a while too. The parallel releases were perfectly timed so that the final volume of WaSuYu's light novel (ending with Sonoko and Sumi being separated and Sumi losing her memory) released the very same week that the episode from the anime where Yuna and the Hero Club meet Sonoko aired on TV.

NoWaYu was next in the light novels, and it ran from mid 2015 through early 2017, between the airings of the first two seasons of the anime. Then, similar to what happened with WaSuYu before, KuMeYu ran before and alongside season 2's airing in 2017. KuMeYu's light novel ended around the same time that the events of Hero Chapter began in the anime, making it fit perfectly in the timeline.
''The cycle of suffering goes on, but the memories of you stay strong...''
https://i.imgur.com/Xyw75SQ.gif
Sirius Reinhart 1 month ago#12
Calwings posted...
Just watch it in broadcast order, because trying to watch the franchise in chronological order just wouldn't work at all. Most of this season so far has been just filling in gaps and providing more context and backstory for what happened in Hero Chapter. It's strange, but it makes sense in the end.
This. Just like Fate Zero, WaSuYu expects you to be familiar with the original so it didn't really explain the setting beyond what's necessary to tell its own story. Watching on release order is best. I'm watching in chronological order but that's because I'm rewatching the series. For a first time watch it's best to follow the broadcast order.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
Sirius Reinhart 1 month ago#13
OK, just finished Hero Chapter. I'm ready for whatever Dai Mankai has to offer next week.
Really, if I hadn't read the Wiki, I would have been still really lost regarding what the hell happened at the end.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Ep9 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived