• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Restaurant to Another World 2 Episode 9 *Spoilers*
Sirius Reinhart 1 month ago#1
The halflings from before were a married couple? I thought they were brother and sister since their names were so similar.
So, new words:
Mikele: My guess is it's mikan/tangerine
Margos; I guess mangoes
Mosket: grapes, perhaps? I understand there's a variety called Muscatel so it may be related.
Tao fruit: no idea, she said they were cut like crescents, perhaps another variety of citrus?
Pineapple was unknown to her, so we don't have a word.
Good thing Camilla didn't completely replicate the fruit jelly tho. I understand that gelatin is made from collagen extracted from animal bone, so Fardania would have broken her vegan diet if she ate it.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
MasterTurtle 1 month ago#2
don't these people know to blow on something hot before putting it in your mouth?

On the other hand I'm surprised the girl even knows what noodles are, it seems like they're pretty far into the country and wouldn't have knowledge of fancier cooking techniques.

Was kind of a funny contrast between a guy paying a bunch of money to learn a recipe in the first half of the episode, and then the elf learning it for free in the second half.

Sirius Reinhart posted...
Good thing Camilla didn't completely replicate the fruit jelly tho. I understand that gelatin is made from collagen extracted from animal bone, so Fardania would have broken her vegan diet if she ate it.

Yeah, I had that exact same thought.
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
ShinAkuma777 1 month ago#3
tao fruit im guessing is peach or pear probably peach since there is a variety with pinkish flesh
I leave the tricks for the ladies.
Blammo3825 1 month ago#4
wonder if "blue" will ever appear, the mermaid from season 1 had dragon legs compared to this one

burger boys down the well coming back next ep
What happened to fun? Our insurance doesn't cover it.
"When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead." Ernest Hemingway
Kalirion 1 month ago#5
I love how Kuro is always ready.

Sirius Reinhart posted...
The halflings from before were a married couple? I thought they were brother and sister since their names were so similar.
Why not both?
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
blasster 1 month ago#6
The halfing steal the recipe from Master, so she is correct that her dad got scammed. But well, now the shop owner daughter can just steal the Master recipe, like that spaghetti/pizza buttbros!

Speaking of which, Master sure doesn't care too if people just try to duplicate his food in the other world, but I guess what is the point of food if it is not shared!

And second half didn't think we see vegan elf with her pupil again so soon. Tho nothing really interesting other than she's jealous of Master food again. Should have tried more vegan food.

That said.....

Yea, I'm not bloody expert, but pretty sure fruit jelly isn't vegan thing. Even those gummy jelly candies always have precaution "contains pork" when you see one in store, and at first I was like you know, how the hell gummy candy contains pork, but then google teach you cuz collagen is from animal bones and stuff, so stuff that you wouldn't suspect nowadays can be made from animal bones.

And well, macaroni gratin. Despite the name, I'm pretty sure this is Japanese recipe, but still, feels like there's way too much cheesy food in this season, like the cheesecake, pasta, spaghetti, pizza, macaroni, etc. Maybe the director for this season craving for cheese when he write this show.

Mobage: Fire Emblem Heroes 8793571220
Console: Pokemon Shield
Kalirion 1 month ago#7
blasster posted...
The halfing steal the recipe from Master, so she is correct that her dad got scammed.
He didn't get scammed tho. He paid less than what the recipe was worth to him.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
ShinAkuma777 1 month ago#8
blasster posted...
Yea, I'm not bloody expert, but pretty sure fruit jelly isn't vegan thing. Even those gummy jelly candies always have precaution "contains pork" when you see one in store, and at first I was like you know, how the hell gummy candy contains pork, but then google teach you cuz collagen is from animal bones and stuff, so stuff that you wouldn't suspect nowadays can be made from animal bones.

his wouldn't be more than likely but the mermaids would be as she uses seawood which produces something similar to pectin called agar-agar which can be used to make vegan jellies
I leave the tricks for the ladies.
Sirius Reinhart 1 month ago#9
ShinAkuma777 posted...
his wouldn't be more than likely but the mermaids would be as she uses seawood which produces something similar to pectin called agar-agar which can be used to make vegan jellies
Yeah, the mermaid said she used seaweed that solidifies liquids. Most likely the reason her version doesn't get as soft as actual gelatin.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
SilentCaay 1 month ago#10
Knight's sauce is also used in gratin so, as I suspected in the previous episode about it, it's a cream sauce similar to bechamel sauce and knight's stew is similar to cream stew.

Weird that the vegan-obsessed elf didn't question what was in the human food before eating it. It most likely would have been made with animal gelatin. I am aware agar is a gelatin-like product that comes from seaweed but I was pretty sure people didn't know about it in the sort of culinary time frame this world is set in. Elf lady got super lucky.

Oh, and it's also kinda weird that Nekoya's menu literally calls it "transparent slime". Like, seriously?

Looks like we're getting a succubus next week.
Takagi-san VR [Index] - The Second Semester (Part 3) - https://youtu.be/rrcrrNd1TU0
After the Fall [Index] - Relay Tower (Final) - https://youtu.be/l5Fn-o0sqHw
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Restaurant to Another World 2 Episode 9 *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived