• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative ep 8 *spoilers*
Enclosure 1 month ago#1
The BETA being the nice anime monsters they are and are waiting around twiddling their thumbs while the humans do their talking.

Even as someone who enjoyed the VN, I remember the coup d'etat part being pretty draggy. At least I enjoy having more Meiya though.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg
Sirius Reinhart 1 month ago#2
Typical monster vs human plot, in which another human faction starts a civil war instead of presenting an united front...
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
Nandeyanen 1 month ago#3
i wonder if all the anime only watchers dropped it after this ep.

I cant imagine this ep making any sense to them because theres no build up for any of the reveals and its probably just a bunch of lore/ info dumping done in tldr mode.

The politics is pretty heavy in the VN and I remembered feeling bored and tuned out for a lot of it but I still enjoyed the payoff.

Sirius Reinhart posted...
Typical monster vs human plot, in which another human faction starts a civil war instead of presenting an united front...

The anime didnt do a good job at showing the sides and arguments.
Basically this is still a political series as oppose to an invasion series, the BETA's is compared to a natural disaster (something like a typhoon/ cyclone/ earthquake etc, like theres no point in getting upset over a typhoon or earthquake, it just happens).

Back to the VN talk, I pretty much blurred out a lot of the politics but iirc there are 3 main factions of the political spectrum.
Japan, UN and USA.
UN is an alliance between the allied nations ( USA and JP).
USA is America, they are the ones pushing for Alternative V
Japan is ran by the shogunate but they are basically just a political puppet, the Alternative project is ran by the UN even though the military base is in Japan.

The coup happened because of how the volcano incident from last ep was handle, from what I remember Sagiri was upset at Japan and how they were losing their spirit ( the shogunate is just a puppet and their military doesnt care about its citizens), in the VN the argument between Meiya and Takeru was more heated and this incident is an extension of the 2 sides, one side wants to preserve the Japanese spirit and honoring its people and the otherside is using force to get what they want.

iirc Sagiri is part of the royale guard but is upset at how Japan operates, he wants to overthrow the shogunate and make Japan an independant country and not be controlled by foreign nations and is the reason why he took such extreme action.
^ He started by assassinating the prime minister.
TastyTiana 1 month ago#4
They finished the coup d'etat arc? In one episode?

oh thank god.
"You don't question the man with the last vial of ooze." - Anonymous scholar
Enclosure 1 month ago#5
TastyTiana posted...
They finished the coup d'etat arc? In one episode?

oh thank god.
Nah, it just started. The mc gang only just sortied. GG.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg
Norenia 1 month ago#6
How many episodes is this going to be again? 13? No. No goddamn way, if they're only just getting to the nationalist uprising. There's still at least 5 scenarios that you can't possibly dedicate less than an episode each toward.
EvilMegas 1 month ago#7
Nandeyanen posted...
i wonder if all the anime only watchers dropped it after this ep.
Dropped it after 4. Has there even been monster fighting since ep 1?
The first person to be fully vaccinated on GameFaQs.
Boobs are life, ass is hometown Kenichiro Takaki.
TastyTiana 1 month ago#8
Norenia posted...
How many episodes is this going to be again? 13? No. No goddamn way, if they're only just getting to the nationalist uprising. There's still at least 5 scenarios that you can't possibly dedicate less than an episode each toward.

It'd help if they would quit starting every Muv-Luv anime with an anime-original storyline that has nothing to do with the rest of the show.

There have been three Muv-Luv animes so far and 2/3 of them do that. It's weird.
"You don't question the man with the last vial of ooze." - Anonymous scholar
lamdakastel 1 month ago#9
TastyTiana posted...
It'd help if they would quit starting every Muv-Luv anime with an anime-original storyline that has nothing to do with the rest of the show.

There have been three Muv-Luv animes so far and 2/3 of them do that. It's weird.

The original trilogy is just too long and requires way too many set up for anime.

That’s the reason why they did spin-off like Total Eclipse first.
But those spin-off were poorly written with no real ending so of course they would guaranteed to be fail.
Norenia 1 month ago#10
At this point, they HAVE to be planning a second season, because if they barely touch the second half of the story, what was the goddamn point? Isn't the second half the part that everyone wants the most? Hell, Project Mikhail's plot timeline hasn't even started yet, it focused entirely on the second half action parts (it didn't include or even mention the nationalist rebellion at all).
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative ep 8 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived