• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. should i give vanished from heroes party another try?
Rayman2943 1 month ago#1
ruti looks kawaii
Snakebone99 1 month ago#2
It's very cute and lovey dovey. I really like it.
Sticking a feather up your butt, does not make you a chicken.
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#3
You mean Banished From the Heroes' Party?

It's decent and pretty laid back, although not my favorite in this subgenre.
Snakebone99 1 month ago#4
Lord of Nightmares posted...
You mean Banished From the Heroes' Party?

It's decent and pretty laid back, although not my favorite in this subgenre.

Subgenre being slice of life romance? What's your favorite? Out of curiosity
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#5
Snakebone99 posted...
Subgenre being slice of life romance? What's your favorite? Out of curiosity

No, the gimmick of the MC being banished from a top tier yuusha's party by the other members and then retiring/switching to a more laid back life/switching careers/whatever.

My personal favorite thus far is Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu sareta Ossan dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru which loosely translates as 'I'm a Middle-Aged Man Who Got My Adventurer Licensed Revoked, But I'm Enjoying a Carefree Life Because I Have an Adorable Daughter Now'.

Not only is the relationship between the MC and his adopted daughter incredibly sweet and well developed, but there's also a significant amount of focus given to his former comrades and their individual motives for booting him from their party. One issue I have with a lot of stories in this subgenre is that it usually boils down to jealousy, with one or more other members basically wanting the MC out of the way as the latter was close with another member of the opposite gender whom they themselves fancy (to the point where they're even willing to murder the MC in cold blood), but in this case their reasons are way more complex than just that.
Snakebone99 1 month ago#6
Lord of Nightmares posted...
No, the gimmick of the MC being banished from a top tier yuusha's party by the other members and then retiring/switching to a more laid back life/switching careers/whatever.

My personal favorite thus far is Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu sareta Ossan dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru which loosely translates as 'I'm a Middle-Aged Man Who Got My Adventurer Licensed Revoked, But I'm Enjoying a Carefree Life Because I Have an Adorable Daughter Now'.

Not only is the relationship between the MC and his adopted daughter incredibly sweet and well developed, but there's also a significant amount of focus given to his former comrades and their individual motives for booting him from their party. One issue I have with a lot of stories in this subgenre is that it usually boils down to jealously, with one or more other members basically wanting the MC out of the way as the latter was close with another member of the opposite gender whom they themselves fancy (to the point where they're even willing to murder the MC in cold blood), but in this case their reasons are way more complex than just that.

That's a very specific subgenre. Lol.

I do like the wholesome father/daughter stuff. I really liked If it was for My Daughter Id Kill the Demon Lord...or whatever it's title is supposed to be.
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#7
Snakebone99 posted...

Yeah, I know, it's just that I've come across quite a number of these in the past year or two.
NewAnimeFanDV 1 month ago#8
It's pretty mediocre
Intel i7 9700k, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Kingston Fury DDR4 16GB (2x8G) 2133MHz
Asus Z390-H LGA 1151 Mobo, Acer Predator XB271HU
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#9
Snakebone99 posted...

I do like the wholesome father/daughter stuff. I really liked If it was for My Daughter Id Kill the Demon Lord...or whatever it's title is supposed to be.

Ah, if you enjoyed If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord, then definitely check out Boukensha License, I think you'll dig it.

A couple of others I'd highly recommend which deals with the father daughter dynamic in a positive manner that I thoroughly enjoy are It's My Life and Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta (My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer).

Edgeknight 1 month ago#10
It was so clearly created just for the sake of the waifu character but the guy is such a nothing that they have no chemistry. It's just Look At Cute Moment (that she has to carry): The Show.

The only kinda-interesting part of it is the hero being a murderbot lil girl.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. should i give vanished from heroes party another try?
  • Topic Archived