• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. 86 Eighty Six ep 18 *spoilers*
Burst_Stream 2 months ago#11
If Shin and company somehow survived the cliffhanger of Season 1 then for sure Lena is still alive out there somewhere.

I'm not sure but I think the Morpho might very much be near the Republic so I do expect that maybe Lena will finally get to meet the og 86. Maybe Lena's current 86 squad will also meet the original ones. I wonder what's going with regards to the 86 possibly killing the Alba who have been abusing and exploiting them for so long. I expect Lena to be in the highest or near the highest leader position now though. I'm sure her reputation, accomplishments, and maybe word from her 86 squad saved her from being killed by the 86.

Still disappointed that we don't get any of Lena's PoV this episode though, I mean this was honestly a really good episode but the suspense of seeing what happened with Lena has been going on for so long. We've had LOTS of episodes in a row now it seems with little to no info except the ruined battlefield in the Capital.

Holy hell that guy's monologue with him destroying the world if the 86 don't come back alive. Damn that hit different. It's both cold and somehow amazing at the same time.

Great episode, but gimme Lena already goddamn it. Also delayed again next week big sad. I'm not angry at the studio or anything, I'm sure they need the time and would rather they take it rather than forcing it and the quality of the anime dipping as a result. I'm just angry that I have to wait 2 more weeks for another episode when everything is getting real hype.
Keqing best waifu
Kalirion 2 months ago#12
I'm glad they're not taking Frederica with them. Though given the "she's locked in her room and didn't even come to see us off" I'll give it 80% odds that she snuck onboard.

If the Pres has the power to "destroy the world", why doesn't he just use it to destroy the Legion?

1000km in 9 minutes is ... about Mach 5.4 if my math isn't bad? At a few meters above ground. A single rock formation or dune or whatever would take them out before they even have a chance to see it. And the plane was disappearing down that road waaaaay too slowly for this, which is ironic given how they'd been showing spidermechs cover distance waaaay too quickly in earlier eps.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
ArekuKitten 2 months ago#13
Kalirion posted...
my math
Your math is close enough but the subs are way off. Divide by 10.
Burst_Stream 2 months ago#14
Kalirion posted...
1000km in 9 minutes is ... about Mach 5.4 if my math isn't bad? At a few meters above ground. A single rock formation or dune or whatever would take them out before they even have a chance to see it. And the plane was disappearing down that road waaaaay too slowly for this, which is ironic given how they'd been showing spidermechs cover distance waaaay too quickly in earlier eps.

They said they had geographic mapping of the area. It was addressed when one the 86 brought up how they'd crash into buildings if they were so close to the ground. So that geographic mapping should include any obstructions that might get in their way. This isn't an issue at all.

Kalirion posted...
If the Pres has the power to "destroy the world", why doesn't he just use it to destroy the Legion?

We don't know what he exactly meant by destroying the world anyway. I took it more like he's gonna lead the nation to ruin one way or another. Not like he'd literally just nuke the cities because he was mad.

Plus destroying 3 human nations is much easier than destroying the entirety of Legion whose army has singlehandedly made the world bend on its knees.
Keqing best waifu
Kalirion 2 months ago#15
ArekuKitten posted...
Your math is close enough but the subs are way off. Divide by 10.
Ah, only 100km? Yeah, that makes a bit more sense.

Burst_Stream posted...
They said they had geographic mapping of the area. It was addressed when one the 86 brought up how they'd crash into buildings if they were so close to the ground. So that geographic mapping should include any obstructions that might get in their way. This isn't an issue at all.
Because nothing could've possibly changed in the years since they mapped it? Not even a single broken down legionbot?

Burst_Stream posted...
Plus destroying 3 human nations is much easier than destroying the entirety of Legion whose army has singlehandedly made the world bend on its knees.
Just how tiny is this world if this small continent occupied by a few nations is the whole thing?
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
Burst_Stream 2 months ago#16
Kalirion posted...
Just how tiny is this world if this small continent occupied by a few nations is the whole thing?

Clearly he didn't mean destroying the entire planet. Destroying this world could just mean destroying the last known surviving remnants of humanity which might as well be the end of the world for humans.

Kalirion posted...
Because nothing could've possibly changed in the years since they mapped it? Not even a single broken down legionbot?

There's no reason for the natural landscape to have changed and they mentioned that Legions don't build houses so there aren't any structures there either. Plus they're not flying so low that they'd ram into inactive broken down legionbots. Those spider mechs aren't even that tall to begin with. Maybe 2 or 3 humans high at most, even smaller if they're inactive because they're not standing on their legs. Shin can detect active legion units which they will actively try and avoid.

And also it's not like they're just flying in a set path blind. There's a pilot there for a reason.
Keqing best waifu
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. 86 Eighty Six ep 18 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived