• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. 86 Eighty Six ep 18 *spoilers*
gikos 2 months ago#1
it's here after a week long break but i have bad news again next week episode is delayed as well and this isn't the only show this week that is facing this issue of delay so maybe japan is facing issues with covid spike
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
xCrimzonCloverx 2 months ago#2
You sure COVID is the reason why the next episode has been postponed?
Sirius Reinhart 2 months ago#3
It's kinda tiring how even after escaping the Republic, the Federacy still refers to them as Eighty Six. Wasn't that term used in the Republic because they were deported to the unofficial District 86? So why would the Federacy, which doesn't have the same district, refer to them as that?
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
gikos 2 months ago#4
xCrimzonCloverx posted...
You sure COVID is the reason why the next episode has been postponed?
i mean it's resurging again in most country again so i think it might be it but i could be wrong so i can't say for sure
anyway good episode but the wait for the next episode is going to be a pain again
''edit''
Sirius Reinhart posted...
It's kinda tiring how even after escaping the Republic, the Federacy still refers to them as Eighty Six. Wasn't that term used in the Republic because they were deported to the unofficial District 86? So why would the Federacy, which doesn't have the same district, refer to them as that?
it kinda shows how even the fed while most of the people who aren't as s***ty as their old country but it sure isn't perfect and has it's fair share of racist a******s as well
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
xCrimzonCloverx 2 months ago#5
gikos posted...
i mean it's resurging again in most country again so i think it might be it but i could be wrong so i can't say for sure
anyway good episode but the wait for the next episode is going to be a pain again
…It’s going to screw things up again next year also, isn’t it?
gikos 2 months ago#6
xCrimzonCloverx posted...
…It’s going to screw things up again next year also, isn’t it?
afraid so man so far germany is seeing a surge and it's messy and Austria is going full lock down soon to combat it's cases and curranty there is a violent protest in netherland over a three week partial covid lockdown ''sigh'' we won't get this under control thanks to people like these ugh
xCrimzonCloverx 2 months ago#7
gikos posted...
afraid so man so far germany is seeing a surge and it's messy and Austria is going full lock down soon to combat it's cases and curranty there is a violent protest in netherland over a three week partial covid lockdown ''sigh'' we won't get this under control thanks to people like these ugh
Then I’m never gonna get Top Gun: Maverick, The Expendables 4, Sol Cresta, Aleste Branch, and Ubusuna…
Sirius Reinhart 2 months ago#8
gikos posted...
it kinda shows how even the fed while most of the people who aren't as s***ty as their old country but it sure isn't perfect and has it's fair share of racist a******s as well
Yeah, that much I understand. What bothers me is that they call them the same as the Republic did. As if they were discriminating on them for the same reasons as the Republic, which is completely silly because the Federacy is not composed entirely of Albas. It's as if the writer was too lazy to develop the Feddies' own racial slur.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
SaizotheSixth 2 months ago#9
Sirius Reinhart posted...
Yeah, that much I understand. What bothers me is that they call them the same as the Republic did. As if they were discriminating on them for the same reasons as the Republic, which is completely silly because the Federacy is not composed entirely of Albas. It's as if the writer was too lazy to develop the Feddies' own racial slur.
It's also just easier to call someone a slur if you already have one available. Most people will choose to not be creative and simply use one that they know is fairly common.

Plus, they're known for being the Eighty-Six. People are not liable to name something that they believe is "outside", so I see it fitting perfectly fine.

In other news, lots of plot this ep. Frederica having such an adverse reaction should have probably been seen coming, but I am sad to see that Shinei is still spiraling down the path of becoming the knight.

Also, am I the only one hoping that the Major shows up when they're in a bad spot against the Morpho? I know we haven't seen her for a few episodes now, but a big part of me is hoping that she pulled a win out of her ass somehow.
How many people can say they ordered Actually Satan to clean their house? https://youtu.be/b8Eq8TUki44
https://i.imgur.com/E7DsaYx.jpg
Decapre 2 months ago#10
Ah poor Loli-chan. She just doesn't wanna lose her new brother :(, Shin crack a smile dude (but not the insane one). Yeah I keep hearing COVID cases surging in Japan, not enough vaccines and people not getting vaccinated. Well I personally don't mind another break. Been playing too many games atm....
-Halo Infinite
-Shin Megami Tensei V
-Pokémon Shining Pearl
-Metroid Dread
-Mario Party Superstars.

DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. 86 Eighty Six ep 18 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived