• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative ep 7 *spoilers*
LordSeymour77 2 months ago#11
Nandeyanen posted...
At the start they wanted a peaceful resolution and all resources were put into trying to establish comminication, you might be asking "why would they want to establish commincation?" Its because the BETA's are an advanced race and greedy politicians wants to monopolize BETA technology, by communicating with them these politicians hope to gain their technology to have an advantage in the world.
Funny. Japan sees invasive aliens and gives them 3 chances. US sees them and gives them 1, if that (Independence Day, Mars Attack, etc.).
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
Norenia 2 months ago#12
LordSeymour77 posted...
US sees them and gives them 1, if that (Independence Day, Mars Attack, etc.).
Nah, the Martians got two chances there. I distinctly recall "NO DOVES" signs in the second go after they slaughtered a place after someone symbolically released doves into flight.

Also: I don't know if it was mentioned in a previous topic (I haven't been watching the anime), but the MuvLuv Alternative game, Project Mikhail, came out recently on Steam Early Access. As someone that's given it a full run of the story mode: there is way too much it needs to polish up for me to recommend it to anyone other than diehard MuvLuv fans. Biggest surprise of all- it's fully dubbed in English, and it's not a bunch of nobodies.
https://www.project-mikhail.com/en/cast/
This game looks so cheaply put together, no way would I have imagined they'd get a cast of people that are experienced (hell, two of the characters are REPRISED from a more-than-decade-old anime). Stephen Fu seriously knocked it out of the park as Takeru, though most of the other characters were a matter of "they managed to convey the character decently;" probably the worst bit of acting goes to the AI girls that guide you through the story. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a dual-language toggle, which despite my preference towards the English voice tracks, even I have to vouch for dual-language being an absolute must.
The story is basically a run of all the TSF/BETA action parts of Alternative, but there is so little background and no character interaction outside of the actual missions that understanding the story is literally impossible for someone not familiar with the VN. Mech customization is a cheap version of Gundam Breaker 3's system. But the combat really needs work the most. Stiff controls that have trouble responding for reasons I can't understand. But as of a recent statement, they've acknowledged all the combat issues and promise to "Drastically overhaul combat/camera control"
LordSeymour77 2 months ago#13
About that, I watched that movie a long time ago, and I legitimately thought that the Martians were afraid of the doves and fired on impulse.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
Nandeyanen 2 months ago#14
Enclosure posted...
The way Yuuko just reveals all the past info on Alternative projects seems a bit dumb considering she was all 'classified info' before. Though the viewers does need that info.

It is because Yuuko now believes in Takeru after he completed his mission ( delivering the papers to the other Yuuko), explaining things to him now means he wouldnt need it later, it would also shut him up since hes been bugging Yuuko about the Alternative initiative the whole game.
^ also more political powers are coming into play, Tamas dad, the Takemikazuchi being delievered and Mikotos dad, its only a matter of time before he finds out, so may as well have him find out through someone he trusts.

ps- this ep covers chapter 5 of the VN ( the VN has 10 chapters), I wonder if they will try to cover 1 chapter.

1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative ep 7 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived