• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Banished from the Hero's Party ep 7 *spoilers*
FortePlus 2 months ago#31
Burst_Stream posted...
Yeah obviously Shield Hero and this have different details but they're going for the same thing in the approach of making someone comically incompetent to highlight how important and amazing the other person is supposed to be.

Nah but I get what you mean. It's just more acceptable with Red because he has the level cap and worked hard for a long time to cultivate his other skills for team cohesion. So it's easier to swallow Ares being a bumbler because he's a smartass but has also been doing nothing but mage stuff mostly. Shield Hero was just naked about it and bad because at least Ares has superior combat skill - the other heroes in shield lad didn't even have that and were so far behind Jesusfumi that they kept falling on their asses. And there really wasn't a good reason why they sucked so much ass especially with their resources and headstart.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - king bully. // I am reclaimer of my name. Born in flames, I have been blessed!
BET makes my brain cry.~ Gnorry
Sirius Reinhart 2 months ago#32
Ares mentioned that it was easier to cast spells when Gideon was with them to cover him. As Ruti said, neither she nor the spear lady will cover him so he has to pull his own weight (ironically, what he was telling Gideon to do) so he has noone to draw attacks away from him while casting.
I agree he is being made to look like a complete fool after running Gideon out but at least the casting thing was explained.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.
Turbo_TRex 2 months ago#33
Preview for episode 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNygfqlYmdo
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
NNID: Turbo-TRex Switch FC: SW-8463-2836-8789
thisranks 2 months ago#34
I found it funny that he seemed to know where Red was to begin with but what bothers me most is how wimpy Ares is. What balls it took to boot someone better than you out of the party.
While we all may have a right to our opinions by no means does that make anyone's opinion right. Yoko Hikasa has an incredible singing voice.
Snakebone99 2 months ago#35
Is The Sage going to use the old Demon Lord weapon to become a new Demon Lord? I can see his desperation and failures causing him to fall into evil.
Sticking a feather up your butt, does not make you a chicken.
bond007106 2 months ago#36
thisranks posted...
I found it funny that he seemed to know where Red was to begin with but what bothers me most is how wimpy Ares is. What balls it took to boot someone better than you out of the party.

I'm pretty sure that's just because Ares is a caster, so he needs someone to cover him while he casts his magic. In terms of actual battle power Ares must surely be better, as Red is held back by his caps. However, Red used to cover him, so without that cover Ares now can't actually do his job properly.

Snakebone99 posted...
Is The Sage going to use the old Demon Lord weapon to become a new Demon Lord? I can see his desperation and failures causing him to fall into evil.

The "weapon" is just an airship, though. It's not like it's some dark magic artefact or anything.
And if he's going to fall to any evil, I would fully expect it to be the far more petty evil of simply trying to get revenge on Red and the other party members whom he, in delusional fashion, might consider to have "betrayed" him, followed by Ares meeting a suitably ignominious end. I can't see him going the world domination, absolute evil route.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/MakutaTeridax.png
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/kunino-sagiri
Snakebone99 2 months ago#37
bond007106 posted...
I'm pretty sure that's just because Ares is a caster, so he needs someone to cover him while he casts his magic. In terms of actual battle power Ares must surely be better, as Red is held back by his caps. However, Red used to cover him, so without that cover Ares now can't actually do his job properly.

The "weapon" is just an airship, though. It's not like it's some dark magic artefact or anything.
And if he's going to fall to any evil, I would fully expect it to be the far more petty evil of simply trying to get revenge on Red and the other party members whom he, in delusional fashion, might consider to have "betrayed" him, followed by Ares meeting a suitably ignominious end. I can't see him going the world domination, absolute evil route.

Yeah, I don't see him trying world domination, but I do see him getting a class change because of such powerful hate and delusional thinking. He's almost sure to be the "final fight" and he'd have to get some extra power from somewhere to even be a threat. Just some speculation, on where that extra power might come from.
omarssikins 2 months ago#38
I don't think Ares will go full on evil/traitor given that he knows the moment that he does Ruti will absolutely f***ing murder him with extreme prejudice given her hero blessing and personal dislike towards him.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/omarssikins
Luscious Mami Tomoe, what a Mami. Fiora is mine. Eva-unit 00, Rei at your service. Yuno is delicious, fish is not.
Snakebone99 2 months ago#39
That's why he will need some extra power from somewhere, maybe his blessing will turn into some curse that will require a full party to dispose of. Making Ruti, Red, and Rit team up to fight together. Maybe not, maybe he'll just become the worthless town drunk.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Banished from the Hero's Party ep 7 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived