This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. In case anyone cares, Megaton Musashi has been subbed *spoilers*

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#1
Episodes 1 to 3 have been fansubbed and are available in the usual places. I did notice minor issues wish the subs (like when MC's sister asked him for help and they left "Tasukete" on the subs) but otherwise it's fine.
I've only watched episode 1 and it was not as bad as I heard others say it was. Characters look kinda goofy but it was an interesting start. I almost thought it would be a double length episode because the file size waa double of episode 2 but while it's slightly longer (around 28 minutes) most of the extra is a very long next episode preview (long by usual preview standards)
TL;DR version of the long summary: main guy joins the fight against the aliens that killed his family using a giant robot.
Wall of text follows:
So, in a similar way to Stardust Crusaders, it starts with MC detained by the police and some guy goes to bail him in exchange for his help. MC and a guy he had fought with are then led into an alley where the guy who asked for their help sets them up into an ambush by a lot of thugs who MC and who definitely will be his sidekick easily handle but then they turn into robots who used the previous round to study their movements and start turning the fight against them. MC then puts some music on his phone and says that fighting following that rhythm would make it hard for the robots to read their movements (why?) and they proceed to beat them. The guy who set them up says this was a test and then takes them into a secret facility where it is revealed that Earth was mostly destroyed by aliens two years ago, they are on a shelter that fakes them being in a peaceful city, everyone had their memories wiped, and several townspeople are actually members of an organization fighting off the aliens with giant robots. These two guys were selected to fight them. After having his memories of his family being murdered by the aliens restored and piloting knowledge implanted a la Matrix, MC decides to join and the episode ends with a small info dump on the three pilots' roles in controlling the robot during a lengthy launch sequence.
Also, an alien chick possessed a girl and tried to murder MC before he became a warrior, and judging from the intro, she will be MC's love interest.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

User Info: reptyle101

reptyle101
1 month ago#2
I remember this was meant to be a mixed media thing with a tie-in manga running in Weekly Shounen Jump, but there's been no info on that since the original announcement that I can think of

I wonder if the manga project was cancelled
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 month ago#3
I misread this as Megatron Musashi and thought it was a story about Megatron with two katanas in feudal Japan

Needless to say, I am disappoint

User Info: Norse Mage121

Norse Mage121
1 month ago#4
huh, i wonder why nowhere official has this
Norse: It's a Kind of Magic.
This post contains the sub-message [ **** knockin'. Let me in! ].

User Info: Calwings

Calwings
1 month ago#5
It looks interesting, but I already decided to wait until the series is fully subbed to watch it. Not a fan of inconsistent fansub release schedules.
''Someday I too will fly... and find you again!''
https://imgur.com/PfJxO7u

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
1 month ago#6
Deadinsideman posted...
I misread this as Megatron Musashi and thought it was a story about Megatron with two katanas in feudal Japan
Nah, he'd get another Decpticon to turn into a rowboat, and then just use one of its oars to club people.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.

User Info: JusticeLordX

JusticeLordX
1 month ago#7
Norse Mage121 posted...
huh, i wonder why nowhere official has this
Well it's supposed to be a advert for the game which supposedly has very low chances of getting localised so that's probably why.

Calwings posted...
It looks interesting, but I already decided to wait until the series is fully subbed to watch it. Not a fan of inconsistent fansub release schedules.
The inconsistency makes it more fun.
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CaptainMarvelous
Playing: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Hot Wheels Unleashed, Muv Luv, SRW 30

User Info: ShizumaHanazono

ShizumaHanazono
1 month ago#8
JusticeLordX posted...
Well it's supposed to be a advert for the game which supposedly has very low chances of getting localised so that's probably why.
that didn't stop a lot of other gacha anime

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#9
ShizumaHanazono posted...
Starting with D_Cide Traumerei
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

User Info: Calwings

Calwings
1 month ago#10
ShizumaHanazono posted...

Katana Maidens and Release The Spyce both got licensed (and even dubbed) despite advertising games that never got a global release before they shut down. Hell, the currently airing Takt Op Destiny is also advertising an upcoming gacha game that doesn't have much chance for an English release.
''Someday I too will fly... and find you again!''
https://imgur.com/PfJxO7u
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. In case anyone cares, Megaton Musashi has been subbed *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived