This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Tell me how amazing JoJo is compared to hero academia, cowboy bepop, FMA

User Info: insomniacRA

insomniacRA
1 month ago#1
Never seen it, but lately I've been seeing a lot of "JOJO is amazing" posts surfacing on different forums and made me wonder. How good is JOJO really? Is it really a cult classic of it's own, or is just a spin-off of different themes bunched into one series? How does the show compare to other awesome series like Vinland Saga, Beserk? or even mediocre series like Hero Academia and lesser counterparts?

I have a full week off, and would like to carefully watch some series I've never been able to enjoy. Please guide me.

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
1 month ago#2
You either love it or hate it, there's not much of a middle ground. If you're in the mood for whacky camp s***, it's great. If not, move on.
Not changing sig until Yakuza 5/0/Kiwami 2 are announced for the west - 30/5/2013 | 7/12/2014 | 30/9/2017 => [Success! 6/12/2014 | 5/12/2015 |17/3/2018]

insomniacRA
1 month ago#3
Mass_Carrier posted...
You either love it or hate it, there's not much of a middle ground. If you're in the mood for whacky camp s***, it's great. If not, move on.
Whacky camp s***? Like how whacky are we talking about?

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 month ago#4
Everything I have seen so far is almost unbearably silly. I just can't take anything that happens on the screen seriously.
However as far as I understand, that's kind of missing the point. So, I'll assume that it's not for me.
You are born with nothing, you will die with nothing. Such is life, so don't worry too much.

insomniacRA
1 month ago#5
Dirak posted...
Everything I have seen so far is almost unbearably silly. I just can't take anything that happens on the screen seriously.
However as far as I understand, that's kind of missing the point. So, I'll assume that it's not for me.
so liking JOJO is like acquiring a taste? Kind of similar to eating natto?

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
1 month ago#6
It's a classic since it's older than all of your mentioned series.
It's a modern classic as well since the modern adaptation is the way to go for experiencing it now.
Personally I think it stands amongst the greatest shows of all time.

If you have enough time to be asking about it (or any show for the matter) then you have time to give it a shot. Just know that Part 1: Phantom Blood and 2: Battle Tendacy functions more of a introduction and Part 3 and onward is where it fully establishes itself.
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 month ago#7
insomniacRA posted...
Whacky camp s***? Like how whacky are we talking about?
Ever watch pulp fiction? It's kinda like that.

insomniacRA
1 month ago#8
Can someone please explain why JOJO just won't tell his father that Dio is trying to murder him? If I were the father, I would believe my own blood son than some sociopath that I picked up out of sympathy. That part of the plot seems very weak and unconvincing.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#9
jojo is good but overrated IMO
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: GG_Sunny

GG_Sunny
1 month ago#10
Just try not to get discouraged by the fanbase. They are the most obnoxious f***s in existence. I had the luck of at least being able to read the manga before the anime came out so I wasn't influenced by their sheer stupidity.
Witness the latest in Rebecca technology.
https://imgur.com/a/V7CZ2Cm
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Tell me how amazing JoJo is compared to hero academia, cowboy bepop, FMA
  • Topic Archived