This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. the faraway paladin - saihate no paladin episode 2

User Info: User_94

User_94
1 month ago#11
BridgeFour posted...
Really digging this show so far.. It's scratching my fantasy itch. Anything else like it? Like, pure fantasy or at least isekai that's basically fantasy, not typical harem isekai.
Goblin Slayer. Both the authors were influenced by the DnD campaigns they played.
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#12
BridgeFour posted...
Really digging this show so far.. It's scratching my fantasy itch. Anything else like it? Like, pure fantasy or at least isekai that's basically fantasy, not typical harem isekai.

If you're fine with manga, check out Sousou no Frieren, it's easily one of the best currently ongoing traditional fantasy titles IMO.

Another one that I'd wholeheartedly recommend which has already ended is Helck.

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
1 month ago#13
the opening sure is dudes

Kalirion posted...
5 days sitting in one spot, not moving, not eating, not relieving himself, and he is physically fine? I guess the gods must be taking care of the body's needs during that time.

"Memorize 3 large books by tomorrow." Wonder which god helps make THAT possible. Maybe whoever the God of Knowledge is blessed him with photographic memory.

yeah, both those were dumb
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
1 month ago#14
I don't like the way Will is continuing to trust Gus after what happened in the tunnels. Will was surprised to see Gus triple cast, so he evidently hid things about his abilities. That probably includes his limitations too. I don't think Will is in a good position to judge how serious the attempt on his life was. And Gus never seems to regret what happened. He just passes it off as a "test", which we know is a lie. All three of them are keeping secrets from Will, but they might not all have the same secret. Will should have casually mentioned something about a surprise test from Gus in the tunnels, but I guess that's not something you do if you volunteer to die if someone will just tell you why it has to happen.

A theory I saw on VRV was that the three of them have been raising Will to kill them. I think either that, or their promise (maybe even as a group?) to the god that made them undead was the sacrifice of a human are the most likely explanations. Then Gus was either trying to die or do the dirty work for the group since he seems to be the least moral of the three. Blood might be making the same gambit with the combat trial on the day Will becomes an adult. My only problem with these theories is that I don't see how Mary could condone either course of action. She literally tortures herself each day so Will can have bread, so how could she hurt him? Likewise, asking him to kill her seems to go against everything she believes too.

I'm looking forward to discovering the truth next week.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#15
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Gus trying to suicide by Will. Maybe those three have a bet on who dies first, and that's why Gus wants Will to throw the fight against Blood, knowing that Blood is gonna try to get killed by Will too. Though that's kinda silly.

darkmaian23 posted...
Likewise, asking him to kill her seems to go against everything she believes too.
Well, considering her very unlife is blasphemous against the god she worships, maybe not.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Nanami

Nanami
1 month ago#16
darkmaian23 posted...
I don't like the way Will is continuing to trust Gus after what happened in the tunnels. Will was surprised to see Gus triple cast, so he evidently hid things about his abilities. That probably includes his limitations too. I don't think Will is in a good position to judge how serious the attempt on his life was. And Gus never seems to regret what happened. He just passes it off as a "test", which we know is a lie. All three of them are keeping secrets from Will, but they might not all have the same secret. Will should have casually mentioned something about a surprise test from Gus in the tunnels, but I guess that's not something you do if you volunteer to die if someone will just tell you why it has to happen.

A theory I saw on VRV was that the three of them have been raising Will to kill them. I think either that, or their promise (maybe even as a group?) to the god that made them undead was the sacrifice of a human are the most likely explanations. Then Gus was either trying to die or do the dirty work for the group since he seems to be the least moral of the three. Blood might be making the same gambit with the combat trial on the day Will becomes an adult. My only problem with these theories is that I don't see how Mary could condone either course of action. She literally tortures herself each day so Will can have bread, so how could she hurt him? Likewise, asking him to kill her seems to go against everything she believes too.

I'm looking forward to discovering the truth next week.

Yes, all three of them are hiding secrets from Will. Gus is the one I trust the least. Will should tell Mary what happened inside the tunnel. I can understand they are the only family Will has in this life and it is not easy to kill your family off at such young age.

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
1 month ago#17
Kalirion posted...
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Gus trying to suicide by Will. Maybe those three have a bet on who dies first, and that's why Gus wants Will to throw the fight against Blood, knowing that Blood is gonna try to get killed by Will too. Though that's kinda silly.

Yeah, I was thinking something along these lines. I'm guessing the idea is that in exchange for the chance to raise Will, one of them needs to die.
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

User Info: gikos

gikos
1 month ago#18
not related to the anime that light on the shield spell would be awesome on dark souls it will help a lot in a certain dark level
anyway back on the anime the ost is so far is decent but i hope we got better tracks down the line to raise it up a bit from decent to good cuz so far this year to your eternity has the best ost followed by jobless imo
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)

User Info: cador

cador
1 month ago#19
Kalirion posted...
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Gus trying to suicide by Will.
This should have been obvious to anyone paying attention. Gus was holding back as Will described. He was pushing Will to desperation so he could be killed by him. If I had to guess, they are probably responsible for the destruction of the city and probably the death of Will's real parents and they have some sort of guilt over it.
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#20
cador posted...
If I had to guess, they are probably responsible for the destruction of the city and probably the death of Will's real parents and they have some sort of guilt over it.
The city looks like it was destroyed long before Will would've been born. Maybe these three failed to protected centuries ago, but that shouldn't have anything to do with Will's being an orphan. Unless indirectly, with his parents fleeing pursuit by assassins or whatnot and hiding in the ruins and getting munched by the undead there.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. the faraway paladin - saihate no paladin episode 2
  • Topic Archived