This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Blue Period ep 2 *spoilers* out on Netflix.

User Info: User_94

User_94
1 month ago#1
I wonder if this show feels too slow for anime viewers. It's a lot of dialog to take in and visually they don't do anything interesting to compensate all the talking heads. I can't help but wonder how Shaft would have adapted this instead. I'm still really enjoying it but I'm already invested in the series from reading the manga.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
1 month ago#2
Really heartwarming ep, from MC drawing his mom cooking to him to giving that drawing to his Senior
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: TalesofLizalfos

TalesofLizalfos
1 month ago#3
Nice episode.

What's up with the green bathwater MC-kun was in?

Also for those unfamiliar with Japanese law when they saw Yuka give the teacher her prep school application, Yuka has to use her birth name/sex on documents until she's 18 (It's 22 rn iirc, a law was passed lowering the age of majority to 18 that will take effect next year) and gets sex reassignment surgery.
"Can I get you a ladder? So you can get off my back?" - The Warden
PSN: DigitalDyleSaga

User_94
1 month ago#4
darealest47 posted...
Really heartwarming ep, from MC drawing his mom cooking to him to giving that drawing to his Senior
I wish I had a senior like Mori. They kinda made the confrontation with the mom too easy so that scene feels a bit rushed.

TalesofLizalfos posted...
Nice episode.

What's up with the green bathwater MC-kun was in?

Also for those unfamiliar with Japanese law when they saw Yuka give the teacher her prep school application, Yuka has to use her birth name/sex on documents until she's 18 (It's 22 rn iirc, a law was passed lowering the age of majority to 18 that will take effect next year) and gets sex reassignment surgery.
Bath salts. That's a lot of assumptions that Yuka even wants to get a sex change buddy. He might just enjoy cross-dressing or women's clothes.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#5
Is MC's mom voiced by Yuu Kobayashi? Sounds like her.

Wow, I think that's the fastet anime Summer Vacation I've seen.

At first I'd assumed MC and Mori were drawing each other there, so was confused when she showed her picture of an angel. Spent a few seconds on pause trying to see if that was supposed to be MC until I noticed the boobs.

MC still has no plan on how he's actually going to make a living after art school, right? It's one thing to follow your passion, it's another thing to follow it into a dead end.

So did like 9 months pass in the space of this one episode? At this rate by the end of the cour he'll either have graduated art school or become a bum or both.

Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User_94
1 month ago#6
Kalirion posted...
MC still has no plan on how he's actually going to make a living after art school, right? It's one thing to follow your passion, it's another thing to follow it into a dead end.
That's what going to Uni is all about for now. To make those connections and get some ideas for the future. At worst he could still get an office job with his degree and grades or start lecturing about art.

User Info: sadib100

sadib100
1 month ago#7
These Netflix subs are pretty terrible. White text on a white background is hard to read.

Yuka has they/them pronouns. I don't know how pronouns work in Japanese.
Pronouns: he/him.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Blue Period ep 2 *spoilers* out on Netflix.
  • Topic Archived