This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative Ep 2 *Spoilers*

User Info: LewdLust

LewdLust
1 month ago#1
Last week was anime original. This week's episode is where the Alternative visual novel begins.

User Info: cador

cador
1 month ago#2
I'm guessing everyone from last episode save for the girl that was saved isn't here anymore?
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy

User Info: Iodine

Iodine
1 month ago#3
If the BETA didn't exist in MC's original world, then why did Alternative 4-5 exist?
In Belichick we Trust

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#4
Iodine posted...
If the BETA didn't exist in MC's original world, then why did Alternative 4-5 exist?
Haven't watched the episode yet, but my understanding is that this world is actually the third world MC's been to. His original (Extra) didn't have BETAs, the second one (Unlimited) had them but the fighting was far away so MC wasn't involved in the conflict as much. I could be wrong about the amount of involvement in Unlimited.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Nandeyanen

Nandeyanen
1 month ago#5
Im enjoying this anime, seems like good fanservice for those who has read the VN, its also going at a very fast pace and cutting a lot of the fat and info dumping.

There were scenes that probably wouldnt make sense to a non Vn reader like when Yuuko pulled out a gun on Takeru and him not reacting, or how Yuuko just decided to let Takeru into the base.

Iodine posted...

They didnt exist in the MC's original world.
There are 3 main timelines by the time of Alternative.

The original world which is where Takeru originated from ( no Betas, kids just go to school normally etc).

The Unlimited World, this was when Takeru first arrived in the world of the BETA ( Isekai), he under went training in this world and got stronger, he was originally really weak and had undergone cadet training, this was the timelime where Alternative IV failed the government proceeded with Alternative V ( Alternative V is when they evacuated a small popular into space, while the rest stayed behind to fight), Takeru die in this world fighting the Beta ( Muv Luv Unlimited The Day After is the sequel to this route and it isnt out yet).

The third world is the one where Alternative takes place, Takeru retains most of his memories and physical abilities from the other 2 worlds.. His goal here is to stop Alternative V by helping Alternative IV succeed.
^ We dont know what Alternative IV is yet, nor do we know I, II and III.

There is a sequel to Muv Luv Alternative thats isnt out called Muv Luv Integrate.

Kalirion
1 month ago#6
Nandeyanen posted...
Takeru retains most of his memories and physical abilities from the other 2 worlds..
Is he genetically or cybernetically enhanced or something? Or is it just training that he underwent?

User Info: Nandeyanen

Nandeyanen
1 month ago#7
Kalirion posted...
Is he genetically or cybernetically enhanced or something? Or is it just training that he underwent?

Hes just a normal guy that got isekai'd.
An explaination will be given later.

Kalirion
1 month ago#8
Just watched the episode.

"I can't let Alternative V happen! How dare they save hundreds of thousands of people while leaving the rest of us to die!!?? If I die, ALL OF HUMANITY MUST DIE WITH ME!" Seriously, why is he treating Alternative V as the enemy to defeat, as if everything will be all right if he just stops the partial evacuation somehow?

So MC's plan is to become the Base Commander so that he'd have more "trust" from the Prof to help Alternative IV - all within 2 months? Am I the only one thinking this is really dumb?

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
1 month ago#9
MC isn't doing a very good job of being credible but I guess yelling enough classified information worked lol

Kalirion posted...

Just the training, i think

he said he became a cadet in the previous timeline and initially held everyone back because he sucked the first time
Can I interest you in a...side mission?

Kalirion
1 month ago#10
So 2 month of training is enough to become really strong, and then the "timeleap" or whatever transferred his muscles to his past self too. OK.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Muv-Luv Alternative Ep 2 *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived