This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Why doesn't japan invest more in its animation industry?
Deadinsideman 1 month ago#1
It's like their 3rd biggest export behind cars and videogames
tvmasterdoodles 1 month ago#2
Old f***s.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"
Meganium7 1 month ago#3
tvmasterdoodles posted...
Old f***s.

already covered in the hentai industry
reptyle101 1 month ago#4
there's definitely more money being put into it as time goes by, but for the most part it seems to have resulted in getting a lot more shows rather than putting more money into individual ones (plus it's only gradually over the past decade or so that overseas audiences have actually began to matter to the studios profit-wise for anything except the biggest hits)

I suppose it's just less risky to go for many cheaper shows that can almost break even through streaming licenses alone, than it is to put all the money into one show that needs to be a big hit to turn a profit
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
Nintendoomed89 1 month ago#5
I saw something about the new Prime Minister (Fumio Kishida) specifically making some kind of promise to give funding and support to the anime industry, both to address the poor work environment anime staff face and because Deadman is actually right, anime is a hugely important export for Japan both financially and culturally.

Also he's apparently a Demon Slayer fan, but it's a pretty safe bet to say that in general. It's like a US president saying he likes Star Wars.
You put the Peeps in the chili pot and eat 'em both up /You put the Peeps in the chili pot and add the M&Ms. https://youtu.be/2c-AawAKZ14
knightmarexx 1 month ago#6
Deadinsideman posted...
It's like their 3rd biggest export behind cars and videogames

Their 3rd biggest export is integrated circuits ($30.9 billion).
FortePlus 1 month ago#7
welcome to neocapitalism
[Hero of Canuckistan] - king bully. // I am reclaimer of my name. Born in flames, I have been blessed!
BET makes my brain cry.~ Gnorry
Deadinsideman 1 month ago#8
knightmarexx posted...
Their 3rd biggest export is integrated circuits ($30.9 billion).
You'd think china would've monopolized that one by now
reptyle101 1 month ago#9
I think Korea might actually be taking over in that area?

or at least there was oddly big drama around it over there back in 2019 which resulted in a huge boycott Japan movement
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
reptyle101 1 month ago#10
actually that makes me wonder if S Korea's going to develop into a full on competitor for entertainment given a bit of time, they've had some properly big international hits with casual audiences in tv and music recently
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Why doesn't japan invest more in its animation industry?
  • Topic Archived