This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Next Death Battle is DIO vs Alucard

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
1 month ago#171
Alucard going full release against someone who can kill him is stupid regardless of how the fight ends. You don't dump your practically unkillable body for your original vulnerable one in a situation like that. Even if you factor in all the extra numbers, all Dio has to do is target his original body and it's a wrap.
"Within this edifice dwells insight; amidst its halls stirs truth. Yet we remain trapped by the structure called the mind." ~Aeiou Vrofbugh Mnjwpykt

User Info: Pirateking2000

Pirateking2000
1 month ago#172
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Alucard going full release against someone who can kill him is stupid regardless of how the fight ends. You don't dump your practically unkillable body for your original vulnerable one in a situation like that. Even if you factor in all the extra numbers, all Dio has to do is target his original body and it's a wrap.

I think it will mostly be for the sake of the animation. Technically Alucard cant even use it without Integra and has no reason to, but it will just be for making the fight look cool.
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 month ago#173
Pirateking2000 posted...
Akuma should fight Yujiro
From Grappler Baki? Interesting... and pretty retro as well :P
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

Pirateking2000
1 month ago#174
RollerBob posted...
From Grappler Baki? Interesting... and pretty retro as well :P

Yeah. Baki has been getting attention, both Akuma and Yujiro are fight nuts, and have the whole back power pose thing. Seems like a great fit.

Just dont have him fight Shao Kahn
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
1 month ago#175
Pirateking2000 posted...
Yeah. Baki has been getting attention, both Akuma and Yujiro are fight nuts, and have the whole back power pose thing. Seems like a great fit.
Netflix did get TWO Baki series lately, so :P

Just dont have him fight Shao Kahn
Yeah, that would be a disappointment, because it would somewhat dumb down the previous battle featuring Shao Kahn...
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
1 month ago#176
Sum_quod_eris posted...

It was covered earlier but he never fights smart or with calculated precision. He'll spend all his energy trying to humiliate and/or dominate his opponent and if they rattle him or excite him he'll get psychotic.

Dio also likes to play with and humiliate his opponents. If Alucard's being thwarted with time shenanigans and an invisible force that can pulverise him while a constant stream of s***-talk is going he'd absolutely bring out his trump card to try and annihilate him all at once and cement his dominance (or at least overwhelm whatever force Dio is using to toy with him).

He brought it out for less.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

Pirateking2000
1 month ago#177
Edgeknight posted...
It was covered earlier but he never fights smart or with calculated precision. He'll spend all his energy trying to humiliate and/or dominate his opponent and if they rattle him or excite him he'll get psychotic.

Dio also likes to play with and humiliate his opponents. If Alucard's being thwarted with time shenanigans and an invisible force that can pulverise him while a constant stream of s***-talk is going he'd absolutely bring out his trump card to try and annihilate him all at once and cement his dominance (or at least overwhelm whatever force Dio is using to toy with him).

That was level 1, not level 0. Level 0 is when Integra unleashed the invocation. He can't do that himself.

Besides in the series, Alucard just screws around most of the time and is never in any real danger. He isnt going to throw a tantrum and put himself in his most vulnerable state when his enemy clearly displays a dangerous blitzing ability. If anything, Dio would be more prone to throwing a fit with Alucard trolling him with his nonstop regeneration like he did with Walter.

As for The World, Alucard could likely see that with his third eye thing so its not like he wont notice what is going on.

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
1 month ago#178
Edgeknight posted...

Ah yes, that thing that never happened in the series but that you insist Alucard will totally do. Still waiting on that example of him displaying that kind of behavior. The only thing to ever rattle him in the series was someone he respected as exemplar of human potential failing his expectations by throwing their humanity away. Some random vampire he has never heard of before is never going to rattle them.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
1 month ago#179
Pirateking2000 posted...
I think it will mostly be for the sake of the animation. Technically Alucard cant even use it without Integra and has no reason to, but it will just be for making the fight look cool.

It's less that he can't but more so won't. As he said he is just a gun, he won't pull the trigger unless his master orders it.

Although having said that, you people do know Alucard is still borderline unkillable even at level 0. He was shown being able to absorb all of London dead in seconds, could still morph into shadows, could still create illusions and still has certain familiers in stock like Baskerville along still having a massive healing factor.

Unless Dio specifically aims for the heart, which isn't a hard rule for Jojo vampires, he wouldn't inflict any lasting damage.
Kingdom Hearts 2.9! The sequel fans truly wannted! Can't wait for KH 2.95!

Pirateking2000
1 month ago#180
XGeass posted...
It's less that he can't but more so won't. As he said he is just a gun, he won't pull the trigger unless his master orders it.

Although having said that, you people do know Alucard is still borderline unkillable even at level 0. He was shown being able to absorb all of London dead in seconds, could still morph into shadows, could still create illusions and still has certain familiers in stock like Baskerville along still having a massive healing factor.

Unless Dio specifically aims for the heart, which isn't a hard rule for Jojo vampires, he wouldn't inflict any lasting damage.

Yeah even during level 0 he tanked MoG Anderson
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Next Death Battle is DIO vs Alucard
  • Topic Archived