This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. The Faraway Paladin Episode 1 *Spoilers*
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#11
The thing I'm worried about though is that only four light novels (and one side volume) have been published to date, with the most recent one having been published over 4 years ago and the author has given no indication of continuing the story anytime soon, if at all. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Clockwork Planet.

User Info: FedEx_Corp

FedEx_Corp
1 month ago#12
Lord of Nightmares posted...
The thing I'm worried about though is that only four light novels (and one side volume) have been published to date, with the most recent one having been published over 4 years ago and the author has given no indication of continuing the story anytime soon, if at all. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Clockwork Planet.

Wait, and the studio made a deal with the author?
What is the point of giving an anime series to an author that isn't willing to finish their own work?

User Info: User_94

User_94
1 month ago#13

https://twitter.com/yanaginokanata/status/1314603857670889472?t=NcknBlPvsAxv_N488Q0WxQ&s=19

Actually the author did mention he was writing volume 5 last year. He was just on hiatus due to an illness.
(message deleted)
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#15
User_94 posted...
https://twitter.com/yanaginokanata/status/1314603857670889472?t=NcknBlPvsAxv_N488Q0WxQ&s=19

Actually the author did mention he was writing volume 5 last year. He was just on hiatus due to an illness.

Thanks for that info, although I'm still rather worried if it's concerning Yanagino's health. The thing is, there was originally a 4-5 month wait in between the earlier volumes, although it took nearly 9 months for vol.4 to come out.

It's now been literally a year since that update, and there's still no ETA on when vol.5 will be released, so it's possible that they have yet to fully recover.

FedEx_Corp posted...
Wait, and the studio made a deal with the author?
What is the point of giving an anime series to an author that isn't willing to finish their own work?

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. See the aforementioned Clockwork Planet as a prime example, they hyped up the anime adaptation a fair bit some years back even though the story in the LNs was unresolved and had been on hiatus for awhile, and then it just kinda got largely forgotten soon after as it didn't really make waves.

There can be numerous reasons as to why an author leaves their work unfinished, and in this case it concerns their health, which appears to be somewhat common in Japan. Other common reasons include them falling out with their publisher and/or the LN artist, experiencing writers' block and/or in at least one case possibly just losing interest and focusing on another project altogether for the foreseeable future (such as appears to be the case with Clockwork Planet, the author is the same one responsible for No Game No Life, believe it or not).

User Info: User_94

User_94
1 month ago#16
(such as appears to be the case with Clockwork Planet, the author is the same one responsible for No Game No Life, believe it or not).
The author for NGNL was also on hiatus due to health issues and just released a new volume after a 3 year break. As for Yanagino, he is very active on Twitter currently so his health seems to have improved. I expect him to have better motivation now to continue writing with the anime being released.
Lord of Nightmares 1 month ago#17
User_94 posted...
The author for NGNL was also on hiatus due to health issues and just released a new volume after a 3 year break. As for Yanagino, he is very active on Twitter currently so his health seems to have improved. I expect him to have better motivation now to continue writing with the anime being released.

Ah, that's good to know, thanks for the info.

User Info: Krazy_Kirby

Krazy_Kirby
1 month ago#18
why didn't he try to extinguish the fire with magic?
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. The Faraway Paladin Episode 1 *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived