This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. GANBARE DOUKICHAN episode 1 *spoilers*

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
1 month ago#51
Edgeknight posted...
That's the joke.
It's never a joke.
Tokyo Game Show VR 2021 [Index] - https://youtu.be/j_nyg1RG0wA

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#52
SilentCaay posted...
I hate people blaming alcohol. Alcohol has a very specific affect: it lowers inhibitions. In other words, it doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. Rather, you do things that you do want to do but normally inhibit yourself from doing. A person that's against rape wouldn't rape someone just because they were drunk. They would only do it if they were ok with it but normally inhibit themselves. This is why you have happy drunks, violent drunks, sad drunks, etc. It's people acting how they actually want to act.
The most important thing that makes someone a good or bad person isn't what they want to do but what they actually do. If you try blaming people for their un-acted-upon desires that's thought police territory.

Now someone who is aware of their darker urges and that imbibing alcohol might make them act on those - yeah, they are 100% to blame as long as they willingly got drunk. But if they avoid alcohol because of that and then someone goes and spikes their drink - I wouldn't blame them. Just like I wouldn't blame someone who commits a crime while high on hallucinogens that someone injected them with against their will.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 month ago#53
SilentCaay posted...
consuming alcohol is a choice and, second, blaming alcohol means they're cowards who can't be themselves when they're sober but also can't accept responsibility for their true selves on display when they're drunk.
This argument can be flipped for some unintended implications 🤔
You are born with nothing, you will die with nothing. Such is life, so don't worry too much.

SilentCaay
1 month ago#54
Kalirion posted...
The most important thing that makes someone a good or bad person isn't what they want to do but what they actually do. If you try blaming people for their un-acted-upon desires that's thought police territory.

Now someone who is aware of their darker urges and that imbibing alcohol might make them act on those - yeah, they are 100% to blame as long as they willingly got drunk. But if they avoid alcohol because of that and then someone goes and spikes their drink - I wouldn't blame them. Just like I wouldn't blame someone who commits a crime while high on hallucinogens that someone injected them with against their will.
I don't disagree but you're talking about >1% of drunks so I don't think it's important to make a distinction when speaking generally.

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
1 month ago#55
SilentCaay posted...
It's never a joke.

In her head she's in a shoujo workplace comedy and her threats are flirting. They're supposed to make him kabedomme her and then shut her uppity mouth by kissing it.

In reality she's driving him away by threatening him with a sexual harassment suit every time they talk to each other.

That's a joke.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

SilentCaay
1 month ago#56
Edgeknight posted...
That's a joke.
"No means yes" is never a joke. That's why I'm not laughing.

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
1 month ago#57
The joke is at her expense for expecting real life to work like a trashy romance manga.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

User Info: Starks

Starks
1 month ago#58
I can't remember the last time a short-length show got this many posts. This is a well-deserved s***-storm though.

Seriously, wtf am I watching? This is creepy as hell. Somewhere between the brother in Sasami-san and the faceless guys in hentai. It's really high budget but the subject material is just nuts. Where is the show supposed to go from there?

I don't like the stockings and pantyhose. It was at least artistic(?) for Miru Tights but the awful shininess reminds me of Genos' arms from One Punch Man S2.
Paid for by StarksPAC, a registered 501(c)(4)

User Info: red255

red255
1 month ago#59
glances at, small short episode, not much point sharing my opinion the episode is short enough to watch it and figure out for yourself.

that said I found the girl plain and the plot boring. humor if any fell flat. its basically a H-doujin setup where they don't have sex.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: blasster

blasster
1 month ago#60
No means yes is just typical tsundere act.
Mobage: Fire Emblem Heroes 8793571220
Console: Octopath Traveler
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. GANBARE DOUKICHAN episode 1 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived