This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Digimon Reboot E66 - THE LAST MIRACLE, THE LAST POWER SPOILER DISCUSSION TOPIC!

User Info: User_94

User_94
4 weeks ago#41
Deadinsideman posted...
I dont understand why they think they can get away with appealing to kids with digimon anymore. The toys are far too expensive for any kid to buy and are clearly meant for collectors. They should go full gundam with this s***.
Nah, the toys are priced pretty low and affordable. Only the Adventure nostalgia bait products are expensive and sold on Premium Bandai. Even Gundam is trying to appeal to kids these days with the Build Fighter series.

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
4 weeks ago#42
RPGNoZero posted...
Cleavage power

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/4/0/5/AAZvO0AACXtd.jpg

must’ve been the only place to put her….

Amy Chao posted...
So concensous on this series? Underwhelming?

pretty much. We knew way back when omegamon appeared very early
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
4 weeks ago#43
So concensous on this series? Underwhelming?

I'll go for a full review after the last episode but...while this might not be the worst anime ever its still a disgrace to Digimon...they used the cast shamelessly for nostalgia bait and all and all, REALLY seemed to make that the only plan of the entire show since there really seems to be no plot in the end other then flashy fights with bland monsters back to back to back to...back.

In the end every kid is inferior to how they were in the orginal series, Tai's overexposure sure as hell did not make him more developed and even getting the Mega forms amounted to nothing since just like in Tri its all to job for the sake of Omnimon.

Sure we got some flashy fights, but I sware a good chunk of the orginal series looked better then a good chunk of the non crazy fight episodes.

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
4 weeks ago#44
User_94 posted...
Nah, the toys are priced pretty low and affordable
Only when they don't sell. Most of their revenue comes from Vpet and model kit sales anyway.

User_94 posted...
Even Gundam is trying to appeal to kids these days with the Build Fighter series.
Is build fighters still popular? I recall it falling off hard after divers ended up being a disappointment which made them go back to UC again. Not that I mind because Thunderbolt and Anne Hathaway are kino

User Info: Dracoknight2006

Dracoknight2006
4 weeks ago#45
I enjoyed the zoomer timeline Mimi more than the original even if she's less realistic and Joe going max meme did pay off somehow, but that's probably because Joe was pretty basic/had his absurd moments even in the better written timeline.
Who shall rise and become the anime villain of this decade?

User_94
3 weeks ago#46
Deadinsideman posted...
Only when they don't sell. Most of their revenue comes from Vpet and model kit sales anyway.

Is build fighters still popular? I recall it falling off hard after divers ended up being a disappointment which made them go back to UC again. Not that I mind because Thunderbolt and Anne Hathaway are kino
Build Fighters is just a good excuse for Bandai to reprint model kits with some custom parts or colours so it's low cost and still sells a decent amount. Kids get into it from the anime and adults kit bash/horde them for customization.

https://twitter.com/GundamBattleGW/status/1441342085307662344?s=19

There's still new content coming out so I would say it's doing fairly well.

UC still has a very loyal base so Bandai panders to them more often. It doesn't bring in new blood though.

User Info: Son Goku X

Son Goku X
3 weeks ago#47
The 'Gunpla' anime pretty much gets rid of the pretentious stuff and just straight up admit that they're just trying to sell merch. Plus it's not like they don't put effort into it (unlike this sad excuse for Digimon Adventure reboot). Granted it's not exactly great either.

It was also a multi-media project where they made Gunpla games where the player can customize their own kit and use it for Musou-ish gameplay for fans who are either unskilled with model kits or too poor to buy all the kits.

Those games were alright up until they made 'New Gundam Breaker' which instantly earned the 'kugose' label within 2 days of release. They pretty much try to pretend it doesn't exist anymore as this new upcoming OVA is a crossover of Breaker 3 + the Phone game.

User_94
3 weeks ago#48
Son Goku X posted...
The 'Gunpla' anime pretty much gets rid of the pretentious stuff and just straight up admit that they're just trying to sell merch. Plus it's not like they don't put effort into it (unlike this sad excuse for Digimon Adventure reboot). Granted it's not exactly great either.
This series isn't pretending to be anything other than a kid's show that showcases nostalgia bait and obscure Digimon though. Already makes it leagues better than Tri.

User Info: Son Goku X

Son Goku X
3 weeks ago#49
Weirdly enough, one of my dislikes for this reboot is that most of the enemies don't talk and they're basically just wild encounter spawns in a RPG.

Yet my favorite part in Tri. was like the 5 minute silent flashback of the OG Chosen Ones + Sovereigns getting jumped by the Dark Masters.

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
3 weeks ago#50
Yet my favorite part in Tri. was like the 5 minute silent flashback of the OG Chosen Ones + Sovereigns getting jumped by the Dark Masters.

To me that's because we already knew who the Dark Masters were and it was hype to see how they rose to power because they left such a strong impact in the first season that its exciting to see them again.

Meanwhile we got Zeed doing jack but die...then " Pride" show up...just to die...its pathetic really how utterly these writers have failed in writing worthwhile villains.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Digimon Reboot E66 - THE LAST MIRACLE, THE LAST POWER SPOILER DISCUSSION TOPIC!
  • Topic Archived