This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 49 *spoilers*

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
4 weeks ago#1
Team battle time, and surprisingly, it seems they did wipe the Royal Guard, with Popp's Medroa of all things. I expected the smoke to clear to show them damaged but still in fighting condition.
Then again, the smoke cleared and no remains or corpses were shown, so they could very well have escaped in the last second.
And I hadn't noticed but Nova was added to the OP, I don't know how long has he been there since I usually skip it, so I don't know if he will end up joining.

Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

User Info: xCrimzonCloverx

xCrimzonCloverx
4 weeks ago#2
Okay, Popp was badass this time. And I love these team battles.

User Info: Son Goku X

Son Goku X
4 weeks ago#3
If only they didn't suddenly go into the CGI parts, then this episode would be awesome.

I don't think it's over since I feel like the Queen was implying the Pawn at least has the 'Promotion' ability. I feel like they would at least have that be shown off unless Pawn's ability to be good at CQC was all that makes him 'just as good' as the rest of them.
Sirius Reinhart posted...
And I hadn't noticed but Nova was added to the OP
I think they only changed the OP once and he's been in the 2nd version?

Sirius Reinhart
4 weeks ago#4
Son Goku X posted...
I think they only changed the OP once and he's been in the 2nd version?
Yeah, but when they changed it, the Royal Guard was obscured, so its likely Nova was too.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
4 weeks ago#5
No way the pieces just stood there and let the spell hit them, especially when Queen instantly realized it was a danger to them, right?
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

Sirius Reinhart
4 weeks ago#6
Kalirion posted...
No way the pieces just stood there and let the spell hit them, especially when Queen instantly realized it was a danger to them, right?
Yeah, I don't believe Popp just took them all down that easily. Hym and Albinass at least must have escaped because there's no way they will die without a final one on one against Dai and Hyunckel.

User Info: lawragatajar

lawragatajar
4 weeks ago#7
I don't think any of the pieces are gone. At best, the rook may have died, and that's only because it can't talk, so it has less story potential.

User Info: Ararararararagi

Ararararararagi
4 weeks ago#8
Horrible looking episode. The godawful CGI that Toei never seems to improve on and then not even showing Medroa's aftermath. I can't be too mad though because this long-runner has looked better than most seasonal airing anime for almost a year straight. I just hope this isn't the quality moving forward.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
4 weeks ago#9
Ararararararagi posted...
and then not even showing Medroa's aftermath
They did show the aftermath, they just skipped the duringmath.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

Sirius Reinhart
4 weeks ago#10
Yup. A huge hole in the mountain
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 49 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived