This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 48 *spoilers*

User Info: sadib100

sadib100
1 month ago#31
Sirius Reinhart posted...
Because that's how they called it in the subs
They should have used the localized name.
Pronouns: he/him.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#32
I wondered if there was no localized name to use (like with Medoroa) but there was a Kamikazee spell in one of the older games so that was not the case.
And then there's Levizoom. Does that spell actually exist in the games? It seems to be an upgrade to the Zoom teleport spell used as a flying spell in the show.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

sadib100
1 month ago#33
I wondered if there was no localized name to use (like with Medoroa) but there was a Kamikazee spell in one of the older games so that was not the case.
And then there's Levizoom. Does that spell actually exist in the games? It seems to be an upgrade to the Zoom teleport spell used as a flying spell in the show.
LeviZoom isn't from the games. You wouldn't need to upgrade Zoom, which behaves the same as Fly from Pokémon (or Dig in the first two games).

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#34
Exactly my point. It wasn't in the games yet it got a localized name, yet Megante (which the games had a similar spell) and Medroa (which I assume it's also original to Adventure of Dai) didn't.

sadib100
1 month ago#35
Exactly my point. It wasn't in the games yet it got a localized name, yet Megante (which the games had a similar spell) and Medroa (which I assume it's also original to Adventure of Dai) didn't.
Megante didn't have a similar spell. It had the same spell.

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#36
I made a search for Megante and found nothing. Then I searched Kamikazee and it said the Japanese name is Megante.
This is way too confusing

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
4 weeks ago#37
Chaos_Missile posted...
Super?
Dragonball Z's entire 240+ eps only had like 2 OPs and 2 EDs. Chala Head Chala's so stupidly popular(and used for like 2/3 of the run) that I dont think many know DBZ even had an OP2.
Dragonball Adventure's 172 eps run was 1 OP, 1 ED.
And GT stuck with Dan Dan for its entire 78(?) eps run.

Funny thing about that song, is that here in Mexico we got the second version of Chala Head Chala (with Dr. Gero, Vegeta turning Super Saiyan, Future Trunks) from the very beginning, so we didn't know it was already spoiling us that not only Vegeta would join the good guys but that there would be a transformation eventually.

I didn't even know another version of the opening existed until I got Budokai for Gamecube! Instead of the things I described, it shows Nappa and Vegeta's silhouettes slowly walking forward, and the original Z Warriors (Yamcha, Tien, Krillin) at the end.

Of course, none of that compares with Saint Seiya's super-spoilerific opening from Europe... showing the Gold armors from the beginning, scenes from the movies showing the new armors, and a few scenes from mid-saga episodes!
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 48 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived