This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 48 *spoilers*

User Info: sadib100

sadib100
1 month ago#1
I kind of wished Nova would have died.
Pronouns: he/him.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#2
And thanks to the spoilery preview, we know that Hym lived despite taking a spear to the head. Then again, with Hadlar surviving having his heart pierced because he had two, I'm not surprised at all.
And yes, Nova dying would have been a fitting end for such a cocky guy.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 month ago#3
It should be clear at this point that no one ever dies in this show unless it's a faceless grunt, a villain so cartoonishly evil that kicks puppies for no reason, or it happens in a flashback.
You are born with nothing, you will die with nothing. Such is life, so don't worry too much.

sadib100
1 month ago#4
Dirak posted...
It should be clear at this point that no one ever dies in this show unless it's a faceless grunt, a villain so cartoonishly evil that kicks puppies for no reason, or it happens in a flashback.
What about Flazzard? I can't believe I remembered his name. It only came to me while writing this post.

User Info: BlueJoneleth

BlueJoneleth
1 month ago#5
Nova dying here would have been pointless. The author has the habit of introducing characters with major flaws in order for them to go through character development. The best example is Popp.
By refusing to kill your enemy, you'll endanger all the people he'll meet after you. - Gemini no Kanon -

sadib100
1 month ago#6
BlueJoneleth posted...
Nova dying here would have been pointless.
That's what would make it funny.

Dirak
1 month ago#7
sadib100 posted...
What about Flazzard? I can't believe I remembered his name. It only came to me while writing this post.
Comically evil, and not even alive to begin with.
You are born with nothing, you will die with nothing. Such is life, so don't worry too much.

User Info: Sirius Reinhart

Sirius Reinhart
1 month ago#8
Dirak posted...
Comically evil, and not even alive to begin with.
He's about as alive as the Royal Guard. Or was. Before being the first villain to actually die.
Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens.

Dirak
1 month ago#9
Sirius Reinhart posted...
He's about as alive as the Royal Guard. Or was. Before being the first villain to actually die.
But he never had a greater goal, he actually enjoyed killing, and had no a single speck of honor in his body. He had no character path to redemption.

User Info: Energist

Energist
1 month ago#10
I love this show. It's super cliche and almost just as predictable, but I think that's why I enjoy it so much. I probably should've seen that ending with Hyunckel coming, but I didn't. And his final line was just awesome.
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
- H.L. Mencken
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai episode 48 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived