This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Who else feels the value of a good ost is often overlooked in anime?

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 month ago#1
I like to think a series with a banger ost will be more memorable than one with pretty animation 9 times/10 and yet, I see studios and even consoomers putting their attention moreso towards the latter.

Some nice sakuga is cool to experience once or twice but with an ost you can listen to your favorite tracks over and over while doing anything from gaming to reading manga to cooking to just vibing but I haven't found much worth listening to in recent years sans megalo box and even the ost for that isn't that great.

User Info: redweegee

redweegee
1 month ago#2
I recall the Japanese anime composer who did the score for A Silent Voice(?) saying that no matter how good a song is, it seems weird if it doesn't quite fit what's going on onscreen.

I guess they are in favor of the music supporting the scene rather than trying to compete with it or even overpower it which would be distracting.

I've seen some oopsies where the characters were calmly talking and the OST(presumably designed to fit the background instead of the conversation) was blaring out at full volume several discordant melodic lines and I could barely hear what the characters were saying.

User Info: reptyle101

reptyle101
1 month ago#3
there's just not enough shows with a worthwhile OST for it to be a big thing to care about

you do have some around like Pandora Hearts with its mix of disturbing songs and the music box leitmotif, Beast Player Erin's folk music and piano, and Non non Biyori's very innocent flutes and harmonicas, but TV's quick production schedule just doesn't lend itself well to good music in general
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing

User Info: redweegee

redweegee
1 month ago#4
It's funny to know that both Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda have written for anime OSTs but they haven't gotten attention unlike what they did for games.

User Info: Dhenva

Dhenva
1 month ago#5
I liked Clockwork Planet's OST but the show was garbage and unmemorable so I have to disagree
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Who else feels the value of a good ost is often overlooked in anime?
  • Topic Archived