This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. A possibility in Higurashi Sotsu (Spoilers for Franchise)

User Info: CrimsonCrusader

CrimsonCrusader
1 month ago#1
As crazy and outlandish as it may seem, could there be a possibility that both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel would end up directly intervening in the Higurashi verse in HiguSotsu?
"Ambition and greed rule, while dogs and swine serve"-Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle Saga
Episode 7, Chapter 3, Chaos route

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
1 month ago#2
Egads, I hope not.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#3
Battler denies this
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

CrimsonCrusader
1 month ago#4
Well, considering that Bernkastel was already formed and separated at the time of HiguRei, I had to consider that possibility.

And as for the reason of intervention, it has a lot to do with both of them teaming up to oppose Eua/Featherine. Any concern that they have with their original fragments would be as an afterthought but also as a sign that they may still have what little humanity they have left.

Not helping matters is that the manga depiction of Fredrica Bernkastel in the Massacre chapter depicts her as a separate entity, which further reinforces the possibility of direct intervention by both witches in HiguSotsu.
"Ambition and greed rule, while dogs and swine serve"-Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle Saga

User Info: Mega0EXE

Mega0EXE
1 month ago#5
You need to specify "franchise". It's the "When They Cry series".
So, Massive Spoilers for Higurashi, Umineko and Ciconia below.

Frederica is probably already behind the scenes. And allowing things to happen because Rika is still actually a dick to Satoko. She helped nudge Miyoko to be a good person. And probably is doing the same to teen Rika. Gou definitely precedes Lambdadelta in the metaworld timeline from the Witches point of view. Since it looks like Satoko is becoming Lambda in Gou, since she keeps saying "certain" and stuff.

However, since Not-Featherine has Ciconia knowledge about Vierlambdatoko. I'm thinking that because of the memory device, Not-Featherine probably don't remember that she already read Higurashi Gou/Sotsu. This means that in the metaworld timeline from Featherine's Creator-level POV, Higurashi Gou/Sotsu has already happened, so Bern and Lambda already exists, and aren't going to do anything since it's just a reread.
A hidden message below, can you read it?
.efil ruoy fo sdnoces evif tsol tsuj uoy ,snoitalutargnoC
(message deleted)

CrimsonCrusader
1 month ago#7
Mega0EXE posted...
You need to specify "franchise". It's the "When They Cry series".
So, Massive Spoilers for Higurashi, Umineko and Ciconia below.

Frederica is probably already behind the scenes. And allowing things to happen because Rika is still actually a dick to Satoko. She helped nudge Miyoko to be a good person. And probably is doing the same to teen Rika. Gou definitely precedes Lambdadelta in the metaworld timeline from the Witches point of view. Since it looks like Satoko is becoming Lambda in Gou, since she keeps saying "certain" and stuff.

However, since Not-Featherine has Ciconia knowledge about Vierlambdatoko. I'm thinking that because of the memory device, Not-Featherine probably don't remember that she already read Higurashi Gou/Sotsu. This means that in the metaworld timeline from Featherine's Creator-level POV, Higurashi Gou/Sotsu has already happened, so Bern and Lambda already exists, and aren't going to do anything since it's just a reread.

Would this be a cause for concern? I cannot help but wonder if the events of HiguGou completely disregards the events of HiguRei (Specifically the Dice Killing Chapter)....

Mega0EXE
1 month ago#8
Umineko and Higurashi Spoilers

Yeah, GouSotsu does sorta seem to make Saikoroshi non-canon, since Frederica is who knows where. But it could also be that after Matsuribayashi, two seperate Fragments emerge that leads to the creation Bernkastel (Saikoroshi) and Lamdadelta (GouSotsu).

User Info: gikos

gikos
1 month ago#9
wonder if sotsu will tie into mei since the tagline for that story is born from the worst timeline branch and it seems so bad that tamura-hime had to make kuzuho kimiyoshi the grandkid of old man kimiyoshi her miko and she hates hanyuu's bloodline due to their old fight i would love to see her in anime adaption
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)

Mega0EXE
1 month ago#10
I don't think they should promote them non-canon story gacha tie-ins. The whale gambler fans are already gonna play it anyways. <_>

I personally want the Ciconia connection to be stronger though. Not Featherine's statement was probably related to something in Phase 2. But that got delayed. :(
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. A possibility in Higurashi Sotsu (Spoilers for Franchise)
  • Topic Archived