This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Any good H visual novels besides Fate/Stay Night?

User Info: boob_boy

boob_boy
1 month ago#1
Anything with a good story or interesting characters?

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 month ago#2
yup
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: BassForever

BassForever
1 month ago#3
Most people would probably argue a lot of H visual novels are better then fate in almost every way. Characters, writing, quality of the H-scenes, etc.

Fate will beat a lot of them on set up of the premise, Fate's premise really carries it far which is why it's spawned a media empire. This probably sounds like more of a dunking on Fate then I want it to be, but there's been 15+ years of vn's since Fate that have h-scenes.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

boob_boy
1 month ago#4
BassForever posted...
Most people would probably argue a lot of H visual novels are better then fate in almost every way. Characters, writing, quality of the H-scenes, etc.

Fate will beat a lot of them on set up of the premise, Fate's premise really carries it far which is why it's spawned a media empire. This probably sounds like more of a dunking on Fate then I want it to be, but there's been 15+ years of vn's since Fate that have h-scenes.
any recommendations? the reason why i brought up fate is because it's one of the gateway vns that a lot of people start out with if they are willing to go the fan translated route. also, fate did have H scenes but they weren't all there was to the story, which i think made the H scenes more impactful

User Info: Deadinsideman

Deadinsideman
1 month ago#5
>implying fate is good

Anyways, muvluv, dies irae, and saya no uta

boob_boy
1 month ago#6
Deadinsideman posted...
>implying fate is good
let's not start flame wars please. if you don't like it, it's fine.

User Info: ShizumaHanazono

ShizumaHanazono
1 month ago#7
Like, most of them that aren't nukige

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
1 month ago#8
What kind of story are you looking for?

User Info: BassForever

BassForever
1 month ago#9
boob_boy posted...

any recommendations? the reason why i brought up fate is because it's one of the gateway vns that a lot of people start out with if they are willing to go the fan translated route. also, fate did have H scenes but they weren't all there was to the story, which i think made the H scenes more impactful

Honestly you should check out the visual novel database, they've got pretty robust tool to help you find titles you may be interested in. It's hard to suggest specifically vn's with h-scenes as I don't personally play a lot of them though I see a lot played by people I follow on twitter.

I recently played root film which I enjoyed as a murder mystery novel, but it had no h-scenes to speak of. I know the people I followed really enjoyed Aokana which has a sports theme and h-scenes and making lovers, which is more of a traditional dating sim focused on college aged characters trying to figure out their way in life. Also doesn't have onscreen h-scenes but Island was also generally pretty well received, and I'd be neglect if I didn't mention Steins Gate.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

User Info: TheDarkNerd

TheDarkNerd
1 month ago#10
I remember when I was younger I really enjoyed Yume Miru Kusuri.
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2380839/
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Any good H visual novels besides Fate/Stay Night?
  • Topic Archived