This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Why do people like Demon Slayer?

User Info: Toger

Toger
1 month ago#1
The explosion around Demon Slayer is baffling. What in gods name would make people like this show? I don't understand. Someone tell me because, I'm upset over this. So many good more deserving anime and yet Demon Slayer gets the boost? Why? Chainsaw Man one of the most complex best written manga in SJ doesn't have one. So does Demon Slayer have such popularity? Tell me what this manga does to justify these massive hype sales?
I am Toger. I have Schizophrenia.

User Info: chaochaoman

chaochaoman
1 month ago#2
Great characters, great fights, great art, and great writing basically.
http://i.imgur.com/6YmYu4U.png https://i.imgur.com/vOZeZYe.jpg
Hero will never give up, never hide, never be defeated, never accept evil.

User Info: Balnazarr

Balnazarr
1 month ago#3
Maybe you should read past the Demon Spider arc.

User Info: blasster

blasster
1 month ago#4
Well, being more complex doesn't mean good, for one.

Years ago, deep and complex plot maybe applauded as good thing, but nowadays people would just say authors are being pretentious if they start doing 2deep2complex plot. It's better to write something that everyone can enjoy.

Or yea, maybe everyone in Japan just went to watch the movie to purposely troll anime fanbase that think KnY is overrated. Who knows.
Mobage: Fire Emblem Heroes [F2P BTW]
Console: Project X Zone 2, Shining Resonance

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#5
Chainsaw Man is complex?
Then, what is Tenjo Tenge?
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: NeoBasilisk

NeoBasilisk
1 month ago#6
it's a great anime adaptation of a decent shounen series
that pretty much automatically makes it popular
Signature

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#7
I dislike the boar and the coward, but practically everything else is great.
blasster posted...
Well, being more complex doesn't mean good, for one.

Years ago, deep and complex plot maybe applauded as good thing, but nowadays people would just say authors are being pretentious if they start doing 2deep2complex plot. It's better to write something that everyone can enjoy.

Or yea, maybe everyone in Japan just went to watch the movie to purposely troll anime fanbase that think KnY is overrated. Who knows.

I don't mind a deep and complex plot if it's done well. Which only happens rarely.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
1 month ago#8
chaochaoman posted...
Great characters, great fights, great art, and great writing basically.
This, it had a God-tier adaptation
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#9
Because it's good.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
1 month ago#10
It's mainly the animes "fault" that the manga and DS as a whole exploded. Before the animation, manga was... I wouldn't call it unsuccessful, but it was... just "there". Why is it successful? Well, it's simply a enjoyable watch/read. What more do people want? It's not like most anime make you think about life and ask you philosophical questions or challenge you in any way. It's simply enjoyable to watch and read. And the anime pathed the way for it.

Why are people so against it anyways? Does it hurt some edgy feelings when the "normies" and "casual" as some here love to call them (lmao) make something successful they don't like?
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Why do people like Demon Slayer?
  • Topic Archived