This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Somato's "Shadows House" manga is receiving a TV anime adaptation.

User Info: User_94

User_94
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/shadowshouse_yj/status/1316755853693779968?s=19

Description
Faceless shadow nobles living in a vast mansion, attended by living dolls who spend much of their time cleaning up the soot endlessly emitted by their mysterious masters.

Follow the story of Emilyko, a young and cheerful living doll, as she learns her duties serving as the attendant for Kate Shadow-sama.

I just binged this series today and it was pretty good. It starts off as a SOL series to introduce the setting but starts building up a lot of mysteries about the situation. The first arc ends at chp 45 and they give a lot of satisfying answers and world building. This series is also fully coloured which is a first for me.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/3/0/AATbylAABBx2.jpg

User Info: Bacon_Man2009

Bacon_Man2009
1 month ago#2
I feel like the anime will be a letdown no matter what compared to the manga. It won't even have color over it after all.
~

User_94
1 month ago#3
Hmm? you mean colour as an advantage in the anime?

User Info: gikos

gikos
1 month ago#4
nice looking forward to it

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)

User Info: HCE

HCE
1 month ago#5
This gives me promised neverland vibes in that everyone except me seemed to love it when it was starting out. Hard pass.
Three quarks for Muster Mark!

User_94
1 month ago#6
HCE posted...
This gives me promised neverland vibes in that everyone except me seemed to love it when it was starting out. Hard pass.
Its probably a bit too cutesy for you tbh. It's similar to Neverland with them trying to escape but the lore and themes work really well together.

HCE
1 month ago#7
I don't always mind "cutesy" but the combination of "cutesy" + "mystery" is one of those things that seems to leave me cold every time.

User_94
1 month ago#8
You could give it a try and read up till chp 45 in 2 hours. Each chp is only 12 pages and it being in colour makes it a unique read for manga at least.

User Info: Brocolli-San

Brocolli-San
1 month ago#9
HCE posted...
everyone except me seemed to love it
I too didn't enjoy Neverland, mainly because it was boring to me and not because of cutesiness. It seemed like a dull and less s***posty (less fun) version of Eotena Onslaught.

HCE
1 month ago#10
User_94 posted...
You could give it a try and read up till chp 45 in 2 hours. Each chp is only 12 pages and it being in colour makes it a unique read for manga at least.
Eh, I'd rather do something else with those two hours.

Brocolli-San posted...
I too didn't enjoy Neverland, mainly because it was boring to me and not because of cutesiness. It seemed like a dull and less s***posty (less fun) version of Eotena Onslaught.
Moetena's charm point to me is the entirely unsubtle S&M fetishism that's meant to be taken seriously as part of the "action". It's unintentional comedy in that wey. Still need to figure out where I stopped in the mango and catch up one of these daze.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Somato's "Shadows House" manga is receiving a TV anime adaptation.
  • Topic Archived