This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Lily Plucking: The Yuri discussion thread.

User Info: Roseanna

Roseanna
4 weeks ago#371
True, it'd be a shame if it's that. I enjoyed this coupling.

Unless they're prepping for a sequel à la Yamada and Kase-san?
Justice will prevail you say!? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war; Becomes Justice! - Donquixote Doflamingo
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MrKoyemshi

MrKoyemshi
4 weeks ago#372
When I start reading a new series these days, I always get worried that it'll end up with a rushed or just plain s***ty ending. It happened with Rock it, Girl!, Lily Marble, Seagull Villa, and If I Could Reach You. It makes me concerned for How Do We Relationship? as it reaches 50 chapters. At least there are some really good one-shots out there.
"You haven't span all across the animes." - donkeyjack
"It's not the calm before the storm that frightens me. It's the calm that follows."

User Info: bond007106

bond007106
4 weeks ago#373
Roseanna posted...
True, it'd be a shame if it's that. I enjoyed this coupling.

Unless they're prepping for a sequel à la Yamada and Kase-san?

I guess it's not out of the question, especially given the way it ended just as it introduced a new character and set up for a potential secondary couple (I mean, why even bother with that for the final chapter?), but I wouldn't count on it.

What would change that would justify calling it a sequel, though? In the case of Yamada and Kase-san, they moved from high school to university. In this, though, there seems to be no such change available.
The only thing I can think of is changing the focus characters and making it about the new character instead, but then it wouldn't be yuri anymore, so I'm not sure this author would do that, nor that the fans would be very appreciative.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/MakutaTeridax.png
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/kunino-sagiri

Roseanna
4 weeks ago#374
MrKoyemshi posted...
When I start reading a new series these days, I always get worried that it'll end up with a rushed or just plain s***ty ending. It happened with Rock it, Girl!, Lily Marble, Seagull Villa, and If I Could Reach You. It makes me concerned for How Do We Relationship? as it reaches 50 chapters. At least there are some really good one-shots out there.

I actually hadn't realized If I Could Reach You had finished (Didn't know there was a new chapter a few days back), so I had to rush to read it before coming back... The f*** kind of an ending was that!? Maybe I'm just kinda dumb, or overthinking it. But like, was the blondie at Uta's home really Kaoru? Or her new love that just looks like her? If it's Kaoru, does that mean they end up together in the end, or is it still unrequited? f***in' time skip endings, I swear to god.

Lily Marble had a real abrupt ending as well, but I forgive it because that handsome girl does end up with getting with the older lady with the great facial expressions.

bond007106 posted...
I guess it's not out of the question, especially given the way it ended just as it introduced a new character and set up for a potential secondary couple (I mean, why even bother with that for the final chapter?), but I wouldn't count on it.

What would change that would justify calling it a sequel, though? In the case of Yamada and Kase-san, they moved from high school to university. In this, though, there seems to be no such change available.
The only thing I can think of is changing the focus characters and making it about the new character instead, but then it wouldn't be yuri anymore, so I'm not sure this author would do that, nor that the fans would be very appreciative.

I was honestly just spitballing with that suggestion; only way the series could continue would be Mochi timeskipping them into working/adult life, and doing a sequel about that?

I suppose the thing with Kanda's brother is just an "Oh, here we go again!" type of thing.
Justice will prevail you say!? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war; Becomes Justice! - Donquixote Doflamingo

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
4 weeks ago#375
what the hell why is handsome girl ending its not fair
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

Roseanna
3 weeks ago#376
f***ing christ. I've been rereading What Does the Fox Say? since I mentioned it the other day.

No matter what they say, we used to love each other. I don't regret meeting you. Goodbye. Holy f***, I didn't think I'd actually burst into tears when I read that part. I tend to find webtoons aren't usually very impactful, but damn! That s*** hits hard.

User Info: MrKoyemshi

MrKoyemshi
3 weeks ago#377
Roseanna posted...
f***ing christ. I've been rereading What Does the Fox Say? since I mentioned it the other day.

No matter what they say, we used to love each other. I don't regret meeting you. Goodbye. Holy f***, I didn't think I'd actually burst into tears when I read that part. I tend to find webtoons aren't usually very impactful, but damn! That s*** hits hard.
Can I read that somewhere for free? Most of the series is missing from mangadex, it seems.
"You haven't span all across the animes." - donkeyjack
"It's not the calm before the storm that frightens me. It's the calm that follows."

Roseanna
3 weeks ago#378
Right, right~. I forgot that it's one of those obnoxious series where you've gotta search around to find it, as the publisher is a bit more on the ball about issuing takedown requests to sites hosting it.

But, anyone interested in checking out What Does the Fox Say? needs only to PM me, and I'll pass a link along!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 weeks ago#379
any one read

Komyushou VS Yuri

3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

Roseanna
3 weeks ago#380
That one is quite cute! There's upwards of an 8 month gap between releases from the author, but it's a fun little read whenever it drops.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/9/3/AAVR7EAABEdJ.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Lily Plucking: The Yuri discussion thread.
  • Post New Message