This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Lily Plucking: The Yuri discussion thread.

User Info: Roseanna

Roseanna
3 months ago#1
Rather than making individual posts every time a series catches someone's eye; I thought it might be nice to just have a standing thread for us to talk about series, oneshots, and hentai we're enjoying.

I've really been digging "The Filthy You is the Cutest" (Kitanai kimi ga ichiban kawaii) the past couple of weeks. Was waiting on tenterhooks for the update that came out earlier today. It's about a popular girl who likes doing painful and humiliating stuff to a shy quiet girl. Some people are turned off by how far it goes sometimes, but it's a bit of a favorite right now.
Justice will prevail you say!? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war; Becomes Justice! - Donquixote Doflamingo
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: OniityanYamete

OniityanYamete
3 months ago#2
I'm currently reading Ikimento Hakoiri Musume, and Hino-Sanno Baka.

I liked the way the latter started but it became boring and nothing is really going on any more and now it's a gag-of-the-week series with no further progression.

Netuzou Trap was really good but that finished a while ago — the same auctor made some other shorter stories that seem to all involve infidelity as well.

Obligatory:
>caring about the genders of your androgynous Chinese cartoon characters
In art, it's called a phallus, darling.

User Info: Legends Kuja

Legends Kuja
3 months ago#3
Personally, I'm seeing how There's No Way I Can Have a Lover! Or is there?! and The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady play out. They both started out pretty intriguing.
I pledge allegiance...
To Queen Fragg, and her mighty state of hysteria...

Roseanna
3 months ago#4
OniityanYamete posted...
I'm currently reading Ikimento Hakoiri Musume, and Hino-Sanno Baka.

I liked the way the latter started but it became boring and nothing is really going on any more and now it's a gag-of-the-week series with no further progression.

Got an alternate name for the first one? Googling it doesn't bring up any results with the Ikimento part.

I'm inclined to agree on Hino-san, though. I binge read it about a month ago, and now I just read new chapters out of habit. Can't Defy the Lonely Girl is similar, but I feel like there's more development in that one.

Legends Kuja posted...
Personally, I'm seeing how There's No Way I Can Have a Lover! Or is there?! and The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady play out. They both started out pretty intriguing.

I liked the start of that first one, too. I hope they don't pussyfoot around it too much, Bloom Into You-style.

I'll have to check out the latter one, though. I see it's got an active WN translation as well, so that's promising.

I Favor the Villainess is another good one that's begun manga serialization recently. I subscribe to the author's Fanbox to get the newest novel chapters for it. Some fine yuri.
Justice will prevail you say!? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war; Becomes Justice! - Donquixote Doflamingo
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: User_94

User_94
3 months ago#5
I don't hava a preference for yuri so the stuff I'm reading doesn't focus on romance. Gunbured x Sisters, Hagure Idol Jigokuhen, Murcielago, Kakegurui and Watamote are some series I'm reading that features yuri but doesn't focus on romance. I prefer stuff like Warikitta Kankei Desukara and Netuzou Trap if it's yuri focus just for the trashy drama.

User Info: OniityanYamete

OniityanYamete
3 months ago#6
Roseanna posted...
Got an alternate name for the first one? Googling it doesn't bring up any results with the Ikimento part.
That's because it's “ikemento”, not “ikimento”, but you can also find it under “Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl”, but I think that's an unofficial translation of the title.

It's also the first time in my life I've seen a compound without the -no suffix coördinated in Japanese — I had no idea it was possible, grammatically.

Roseanna posted...
I'm inclined to agree on Hino-san, though. I binge read it about a month ago, and now I just read new chapters out of habit. Can't Defy the Lonely Girl is similar, but I feel like there's more development in that one.

It's often the case that one can clearly see where the “milking” starts when the original concept ran out and it's now kept alive because it generates enough revenue to keep it so — some series do this better than others.

I feel that love stories very often suffer from this problem that they have no real plot and resolution. It's resolved at the end when either the auctor became tired of it, or the series gets cancelled and then after all the teasing their love is suddenly resolved and they live happily ever after with no adequate explanation that serves to why now, and not prior, which is why I feel love stories are best kept relatively short.

Prunus Girl was particularly egregious in how Maki suddenly at the end that Kizuna “likes males too” which makes him realize his own feelings. Really? you've only now realized that the guy who is constantly flirting with you, who is notoriously indifferent about gender, whom you've already stated to others is indifferent about it, does not care about your gender and might perhaps be interested in you?
In art, it's called a phallus, darling.

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
3 months ago#7
My current favorite series (even though it only updates once in a blue moon because it's independently published) is just called After School. I also found a nice anthology called the Lez Fuuzoku Anthology.
You put the Peeps in the chili pot and eat 'em both up /You put the Peeps in the chili pot and add the M&Ms. https://youtu.be/2c-AawAKZ14

Roseanna
3 months ago#8
OniityanYamete posted...
That's because it's “ikemento”, not “ikimento”, but you can also find it under “Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl”, but I think that's an unofficial translation of the title.

It's also the first time in my life I've seen a compound without the -no suffix coördinated in Japanese — I had no idea it was possible, grammatically.

Lmao, now I feel dumb. I've already read it. I really liked the pacing in this one. Dozen chapters in, and the misunderstanding that began the story had been cleared up, they've confessed, and they've already had their first f***.

It's often the case that one can clearly see where the “milking” starts when the original concept ran out and it's now kept alive because it generates enough revenue to keep it so — some series do this better than others.

I feel that love stories very often suffer from this problem that they have no real plot and resolution. It's resolved at the end when either the auctor became tired of it, or the series gets cancelled and then after all the teasing their love is suddenly resolved and they live happily ever after with no adequate explanation that serves to why now, and not prior, which is why I feel love stories are best kept relatively short.

I like a nice yuri love story, I just find some of the common story elements to be a bit obnoxious, myself. One of the things that draws a lot of stories out for much longer than they need to be is that the characters are often unwilling to be honest with each other about their feelings. And I get that it's a cultural thing, but the need to hide their relationship after they DO confess creates friction in the relationship when they deny in public that they're dating someone, or claim that it's a boyfriend. And then they need to reiterate their feelings to one another in private.

Then at some point you've gotta have the old friend that has feelings for one of them appear, and create more drama by making the other one question whether or not she's really happy with her.

I tend to prefer the stories where both parties are adults, since they tend to not beat around the bush too much (instead they beat what's below), and get to the f***in' quick enough, which I always approve of. But then you get common scenarios where the woman with more experience has trouble dating seriously, because their last girlfriend either cheated on them with a man, or broke it off because it wasn't socially acceptable. Thus beginning the uphill battle to make her accept love again.

Prunus Girl was particularly egregious in how Maki suddenly at the end that Kizuna “likes males too” which makes him realize his own feelings. Really? you've only now realized that the guy who is constantly flirting with you, who is notoriously indifferent about gender, whom you've already stated to others is indifferent about it, does not care about your gender and might perhaps be interested in you?

God, didn't think I'd hear that name any time soon. Haven't read it in years, but at least it had a decent resolution for the premises. Not like No Bra, where the Hawaiian shirt wearing f*** of a protagonist metaphorically instead of physically, shafts the cute crossdresser love interest, and goes for the girl instead.

User Info: bond007106

bond007106
3 months ago#9
I'm following quite a lot of current releases, to be honest.
My favourites, in no particular order, are probably:

Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl
Crescent Moon and Doughnuts
Teiji ni Agaretara
Today, We Continue Our Lives Together Under the Same Roof (autobiographical by the author of the above work)
Citrus +
Even if It Was Just Once, I Regret It.
Bright and Cheery Amnesia
Can't Defy the Lonely Girl
Yamada to Kase-san

I really liked Hayama-sensei to Terano-sensei wa Tsukiatteiru, too, but it's been licencing now, so fan translations have stopped, and no official translations have yet been released. Can't find raws anywhere, either.

OniityanYamete posted...

It's the official title; you can see it in tiny print under the Japanese one on the title pages.

OniityanYamete posted...

That's why series where the main couple get together relatively early on but then the series continues, covering them actually being a couple, are usually better.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/MakutaTeridax.png
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/kunino-sagiri
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Lily Plucking: The Yuri discussion thread.
  • Post New Message