This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is Harem the worst Genre in anime?

User Info: Arak

Arak
2 days ago#1
I think it is. Anime isnt realistic in general, but if its going to be that way, at least make it interesting. Ive literally never seen a good harem.

Theres a new anime out right now actually. I cant remember the name because it was all in japanese.. but its about some dude named Joro who gets a bunch of girls to like him.. HOWEVER it didnt initially have the harem tag on it which is why i watched it this far. It might have it now but i was vastly disappointed in how it was actually a harem.
Stalkin gat fools walkin jack moves ready to pap you if we have to

User Info: Matelite

Matelite
2 days ago#2
Eh, just kinda depends on the mood you're in. If done right, it can be really humorous and chill.
I just read a book about Stockholm Syndrome. It was pretty bad at first, but by the end, I liked it.
Nah, Mecha and Idol genre exist
My proudest Gamefaqs Moderation
https://i.imgur.com/pIyiYRR.png

User Info: reptyle101

reptyle101
2 days ago#4
worst genre is probably idol or mecha yeah

if you're into harem shows a decent portion of them are at least passably enjoyable, but even fans of mecha and idol shows hate most of the genre
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing

User Info: Crimsonmon

Crimsonmon
2 days ago#5
No, highschool baseball
In a good way.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
2 days ago#6
Quintessetnial Quintuplets is f***ing amazing.

So, no.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
2 days ago#7
I like mecha, and I like idol and harem stuff. I like everything. :(
A gif of Chocola and Vanilla clapping from Nekopara
https://i.imgur.com/Zu4EnUj.gif

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
2 days ago#8
After episode 3 or so the author clearly outed himself as a hack who abandoned a somewhat novel twist premise to just make a slightly-snarkier-than-normal harem show.
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

User Info: RenegadeT3S

RenegadeT3S
2 days ago#9
Dragonage2ftw posted...
Quintessetnial Quintuplets is f***ing amazing.

So, no.

Yotsuobro?
Remember to turn OFF your high beams...yee filthy animals
I would argue Harem is more premise/setting than genre.
Official Teetotaller of PotD
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Is Harem the worst Genre in anime?
  • Post New Message