This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. My Hero Academia 249 *spoilers*

User Info: NightRender

NightRender
4 weeks ago#21
HCE posted...
Fate stay/night (and presumably other series) kinda made mapo tofu a meme but it's a genuinely solid dish.

I don't know anything about that, but for me I learned about it 25 years ago when on the original run of Iron Chef, Chen Kenichi would use it as his instant win dish.
Dedicated to D - 4/15/05

User Info: Emperor_mateus

Emperor_mateus
4 weeks ago#22
Oblivion_Hero posted...
(Hawks is Fuyumi’s age, 23).

I didn't consider that before. Now I imagine Fuyumi taking Hawks home with her as a date and Endeavor responding by trying to chase Hawks out of the house with fire.
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
4 weeks ago#23
LrDragons7 posted...
No matter how they approach it, the Endeavor redemption arc is gonna to rile up one side of the fanbase. I’ll say this much, at least the author is taking a slow and realistic approach as opposed to most anime where they’re instantly forgiven.

to be honest the only way I would be more keen on a redemption arc is if there was something already established for Endeavor doing the god awful things he did. Like something from his childhood or maybe if the abuse was a one time thing when he really lost, but that isn't the case here. The constant abuse was solely done because he wanted a kid to be better then all might and thats it. This what makes it hard for me to give 2 craps about this whole redemption angle they are doing here.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
4 weeks ago#24
Emperor_mateus posted...
Oblivion_Hero posted...
(Hawks is Fuyumi’s age, 23).

I didn't consider that before. Now I imagine Fuyumi taking Hawks home with her as a date and Endeavor responding by trying to chase Hawks out of the house with fire.

Ah, that might actually be a funny opportunity to show off Dad Enji.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: tallgeeseIV

tallgeeseIV
4 weeks ago#25
finalfantasy94 posted...
LrDragons7 posted...
No matter how they approach it, the Endeavor redemption arc is gonna to rile up one side of the fanbase. I’ll say this much, at least the author is taking a slow and realistic approach as opposed to most anime where they’re instantly forgiven.

to be honest the only way I would be more keen on a redemption arc is if there was something already established for Endeavor doing the god awful things he did. Like something from his childhood or maybe if the abuse was a one time thing when he really lost, but that isn't the case here. The constant abuse was solely done because he wanted a kid to be better then all might and thats it. This what makes it hard for me to give 2 craps about this whole redemption angle they are doing here.

I feel a whole "troubled childhood" reveal for Endeavour would be a shallower resolution as it just partially handwaves his responsibility for the situation as being someone else's fault and it moves towards the type of quick forgiveness you usually expect in Shounen.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 weeks ago#26
finalfantasy94 posted...
its face palm worthy for them to just forgive him and be a happy family.
Good thing that isn't what is happening
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: FortePlus

FortePlus
3 weeks ago#27
finalfantasy94 posted...
Yea no im not changing my mind on endeavor and its face palm worthy for them to just forgive him and be a happy family. At most todoroki should say you were an awful father,human being and im just going to get past this and live my life. Also im sure Touya is ether going to be dabi or somehow connected to him.

Natsu and Shoto both dunked on him after he came home with half his face shredded. Stop f***ing lying.
[Hero of Canuckistan] - king bully. // Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. So mean, I make medicine sick.
BET makes my brain cry.~ Gnorry
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. My Hero Academia 249 *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived