This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Do most people hate it when 2 characters in anime and manga have-

User Info: red255

red255
1 month ago#11
I love emilia
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
1 month ago#12
CharizardFang posted...
How often does a series come by where the main girl ends up with someone other than the main guy? I know there's probably a good amount, but the only ones off the top of my head is Naruto, Dragon Ball if you count Z

Dragon Ball? Who exactly were you talking about there? Goku is the main character, and the show never once showed there to be anything between him and Bulma. I don't know why anyone would ship the two of them.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Skandrae

Skandrae
1 month ago#13
Man, Helck was sooooo good

so good
Witty game-related comment.

User Info: Edgeknight

Edgeknight
1 month ago#14
Amakusa posted...
Platonic friendships between a guy and a girl are stupidly uncommon in anime for whatever reason so any sort of romantic tension exists because the writer is a hack (platonic by definition doesn't have romantic tension) or because someone is seeing something that isn't there..

That's not quite right. The reference to Plato is in his ideal balancing of social and spiritual desires. It's not free from sexuality but above sexuality, it's meant to be a DEEPer love of a person's spirit that can only come about when two people understand the tr0000 beauty of each other.

The strictly-by-definition version is rare because people are shallow. The just-friends understanding of it is rare because it's rare for men and women to actually know how to relate to each other outside of trying to f*** - so it's rare for writers to write their d00ds and grills as friends (and even when it happens you'll get people like our own precious pcmike who insist that if the characters don't f*** then their relationship was wasted).
"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." -matchulinch

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
1 month ago#15
I'd like to see some relationships happening from the middle of the show rather than the confession only occurring at the end.
</topic>

User Info: k4r6000

k4r6000
1 month ago#16
GiftedACIII posted...
I'd like to see some relationships happening from the middle of the show rather than the confession only occurring at the end.

Same. The constant "Will they? Won't they? Oh they are finally going to do it. Sorry, they got interrupted" thing for 200+ chapters with no progression has been done to death. I find actual relationships and their struggles to be more interesting and true to life.

That's why I really like something like Domestic Girlfriend. Stuff happens. Characters grow. It isn't just stuck in the same holding pattern until it is time for the manga to end.

Or a show like Godannar where the main appeal is that the main characters are married from the beginning, cutting out the courting process completely, and we see their relationship develop from there. That approach is, sadly, all too rare and it makes it rather unique when it is done that way.

User Info: GiftedACIII

GiftedACIII
1 month ago#17
k4r6000 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Same. The constant "Will they? Won't they? Oh they are finally going to do it. Sorry, they got interrupted" thing for 200+ chapters with no progression has been done to death. I find actual relationships and their struggles to be more interesting and true to life.

That's why I really like something like Domestic Girlfriend. Stuff happens. Characters grow. It isn't just stuck in the same holding pattern until it is time for the manga to end.

Or a show like Godannar where the main appeal is that the main characters are married from the beginning, cutting out the courting process completely, and we see their relationship develop from there. That approach is, sadly, all too rare and it makes it rather unique when it is done that way.

I completely agree. It’s funny that the two shows I think of off the top of my head that doesn’t just have it at the end is Gurren Lagann and Death Note and the former doesn’t have much romantic interaction until the end either (despite being a couple at the middle) and the latter’s romance is a fake and a tool. . Thanks for the recs btw. Also I heard Kaguya sama in the manga has already got the confession and is continuing past it but that’s a long way off from the anime.
</topic>

User Info: c0tt0n1

c0tt0n1
1 month ago#18
Koe no Katachi. Anyone familiar with that? I haven't seen the anime, but I read the manga and the ending...no words to describe my disappointment.
"May God have mercy upon my enemies because I won't."
George S. Patton Jr.

User Info: giled_tolgra

giled_tolgra
1 month ago#19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqH4puwsxI
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Do most people hate it when 2 characters in anime and manga have-
  • Topic Archived