This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Do most people hate it when 2 characters in anime and manga have-

User Info: CcXs

CcXs
4 weeks ago#1
-a lot of shipping moments together, but they don't actually ever end up getting together and becoming "canon"?

I hate how it happens in anime and manga a lot that 2 characters have a lot of shipping moments together, and you think they are going to end up together sometime during the series, but it ends up not happening at all.

I don't get why authors and writers do that, since it's pretty pointless to have romantic tension build up between 2 characters just for it to not go anywhere in the end. Like if they are going to build up romantic tension between 2 characters, they need to go all the way with it, instead of just leaving it still in the open.

That's bad writing in my honest opinion. Does anyone else agree with me?

User Info: CharizardFang

CharizardFang
4 weeks ago#2
I actually like when the shipping gets subverted, because it's so uncommon. More often than not, either their relationship wont go anywhere, or they do get together, and it's unsurprising because it's been expected since episode one.

How often does a series come by where the main girl ends up with someone other than the main guy? I know there's probably a good amount, but the only ones off the top of my head is Naruto, Dragon Ball if you count Z, Erased(but it's not the same), and probably countless NTR hentai. Cant think of many...

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
4 weeks ago#3
Platonic friendships between a guy and a girl are stupidly uncommon in anime for whatever reason so any sort of romantic tension exists because the writer is a hack (platonic by definition doesn't have romantic tension) or because someone is seeing something that isn't there..
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: CcXs

CcXs
4 weeks ago#4
Amakusa posted...
Platonic friendships between a guy and a girl are stupidly uncommon in anime for whatever reason so any sort of romantic tension exists because the writer is a hack (platonic by definition doesn't have romantic tension) or because someone is seeing something that isn't there..

So you think romantic tension between a guy and girl in anime and manga are very cliché?

User Info: Dorfl_2

Dorfl_2
3 weeks ago#5
I enjoy it when they're shipped together and then they both get together with other people. Delicious salty fan tears are my favorite dessert.

But if they're shipped and it goes nowhere, that's a bit annoying.
I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. (Psalm 16:8)

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 weeks ago#6
No because I'm not a f***ing weirdo
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: GoIden

GoIden
3 weeks ago#7
nothing you've posted has ever suggested that's the case

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
3 weeks ago#8
How is that bad writing? It's so cliche' for the two main characters to just end up falling in love. That's done in soo much stuff.

It's just boring and makes it seem like that's the only meaning to life / the only thing worth struggling for. The manga/anime where it isn't just happily ever after with the main female and male are so much more interesting.
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#9
CharizardFang posted...
How often does a series come by where the main girl ends up with someone other than the main guy? I know there's probably a good amount, but the only ones off the top of my head is Naruto, Dragon Ball if you count Z, Erased(but it's not the same), and probably countless NTR hentai. Cant think of many.

Aldnoah Zero has two guys literally go to war over a girl who chooses neither of them in the end
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
3 weeks ago#10
I prefer harem ends, but my second favorite iswhen the main pairing actually makes sense in some way and isn't just completely arbitrary as if the author simply decided who would win instead of writing the story to a natural/logical conclusion.

I only get mad if one girl wins on no merit of her own while better girls are dismissed out of hand

Sometimes shippers take it way too seriously and get real life seriously mad over their headcanon and fanfiction though. (IchiRuki, NaruSaku, Bumblebee in RWBY, etc. I've heard Zutarans for A:TLA got pretty wild too)
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Do most people hate it when 2 characters in anime and manga have-
  • Topic Archived